LRS Accessibility Toolkit
What is the Accessibility Toolkit?
An online, interactive mapping tool that support partners across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland to effectively plan their provision of sport and physical activity. Using a wide variety of datasets covering areas such as participation, health, deprivation and access to services, the tool provides a visual platform for partners to cross reference high priority areas against the location of local facilities to ensure effective and efficient planning of activities.
What data does it hold?
Click the link below for a full list of all indicators and facility types included within the toolkit. Each indicator is explained in detail, looking at definitions, what a 'Priority A' area means, sources, dates/time frames and how the Priority A-E brackets have been calculated.
How do I use it?
A series of documents/tutorials listed below will help you to understand the features and usability of the toolkit. We recommend that you take a few minutes to look through these before first using the toolkit.
- Introduction to the basics (PDF)
- Providing the evidence for Locality Proposals (PDF)
- Demonstration of how to use the toolkit (youtube - coming soon)
- Postcode search (excel)
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the link below to download a list of FAQs. We are happy to update this document so please let us know if there is a topic that you would like adding to the list.
- FAQs (PDF)
Updates & Amendments
To keep you up to date with developments, listed below will be updates on when new data becomes available and is added to the toolkit. We will also include notes to advise of any amendments made to the tool. PLEASE NOTE - it is important that when using the downloadable workbooks for your district, you regularly save a new version to use for offline analysis. This is because any update to the toolkit (eg, a new dataset) will mean that your locally stored workbooks will need re-saving to show the new data.
- May 2013 - New split profile format added. Datasets on distance and travel time to services, 2011 census demographics, health and market segmentation added.
- May 2013 - Supporting documents added; Postcode Search (for Leicestershire only, search by postcode to find the LSOA you need to provide statistics on), FAQs updated, Video demonstration on how to use the toolkit updated, Introduction to the basics updated.
Page last updated: Thursday 9th May 2013