Be Active with our Campaign Weeks!
Each year we host campaign weeks full of sports and physical activity taster sessions in partnership with all 9 Local Authority areas with the aim to increase participation in physical activity.
During the 2015/16 campaign weeks, we had a huge increase in participation and engaged over 7,000 people of all ages and abilities in hundreds of sessions across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
2016 Campaign Weeks
Each year we host three campaign weeks full of sport and physical activity taster sessions in partnership with all 9 Local Authority areas with the aim to increase participation in physical activity. The 2016 campaign week dates have been confirmed; check back later for more information.
- 'This Girl Can' - 6th-12th June 2016. Celebration of women to inspire and encourage to become more active
- 'Feel Alive from 65' - 26th September-2nd October 2016. Physical activity taster sessions to promote active living in older adults
- 'Active Families' - 13th-19th February 2017. Fun, family friendly events and activities to get families active together
Feel Alive from 65 Week
26th September - 2nd October 2016
Sport and Physical activity is an important part of our lives and keeping active is especially important as we get older. Last year our annual Feel Alive from 65 campaign saw over 2,500 older adults participate in Sport and Physical Activity sessions across the county.
In partnership with localities, we will be hosting a range of exciting opportunities to get involved and increase activity levels.
From Monday 26th September to Sunday 2nd October, we will see over 240 sessions, including Tai Chi, Swimming, Health Walks and Gardening plus much, much more!
For more information on all the local activities taking place, take a look at the Booklet below which provides the timetables of activities.
- Feel Alive From 65 Booklet (PDF, 3.5 Mb)
View each district's timetable of activities
'Feel Alive from 65' Celebration
Thursday 27th October 2016
Nominate someone you know
Our Leicester-Shire & Rutland 'Feel Alive from 65' campaign week launches on 26th September 2016 and will be an amazing time to take part in a programme of physical activity across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
As part of this fantastic campaign, Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) is pleased to announce the 5th Annual 'Feel Alive from 65 Celebration' where we recognise our active older generation. This is being sponsored by 'imago' and will take place on Thursday 27th October 2016 at The Link Hotel, Loughborough.
This is your chance to nominate, those over the age of 65 who are participating in physical activity either personally, for the benefit of others or through volunteering in the community.
- Physical Activity Award - Lifelong Participation (Sponsored by Hinckey Leisure Centre)
- Physical Activity Award - Newcomer to Participation
- Active Ageing Award
- Active Environment Award
- Referral Scheme Award
- Community Group Award – Social
- Community Group Award – Condition Specific
As in previous years, an award for the actual 'Oldest Participant' will also be presented at the Celebration.
The nomination process is now open and more information can be found at the link below. The closing date for nominations is Monday 10th October 2016.
We are offering local businesses/partners the opportunity to advertise their products/services as part of their successful campaign programme.
Made up from 3 mini campaigns, our Campaign Weeks aim to increase participation in individuals of all ages and abilities across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
Advertising Benefits Include:
- Advert placed in all three countywide campaign booklets totalling over 22,000 prints (7,500 prints per campaign) with option to change advert for specific campaign
- PDF copy of booklet to use for further marketing and promotion
- Inclusion in at least 3 press releases and social media posts relating to campaign weeks, with an audience of over 5,500 users on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Company name and link to your website included on Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's physical activity campaign website page (www.lrsport.org/beactive) between May 2016 and February 2017 which last year, the LRS website attracted over 70,000 users and 500,000 page views.
See attached document for more information.
- Advertising Opportunities 2016 (PDF, 375 Kb)
For more information please contact:
Sports Development Officer
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- 01509 564879