Be Active with our Campaign Weeks!
Sport and Physical Activity is an important part of our lives, no matter what our age or ability.
In partnership with our 9 Local Authorities, we host 3 mass participation Campaign Weeks throughout the year.
During 2015/16 over 8,000 individuals of all ages and abilities took part in a range of exciting opportunities to increase their activity levels.
Active Family Week
13th - 19th February 2017
Sport and physical activity is an important part of all our lives but keeping active around family life can be sometimes difficult. So why not do it together?
Active Family Week, which launches on Monday 13th February, is a fun and active week of family friendly physical activity and sport sessions designed for families to move more often and get active together.
In partnership with localities, the week will see over 140 sessions for all ages and abilities to try including buggy runs, orienteering, family swims and exercise classes plus much more!
For more information on local activities and to check out the activity timetables on the programme below, for you and your family to get involved in!
- Active Family Week Programme 2017 (PDF, 2.7 Mb)
Due to unforeseen circumstances the following sessions are no longer running:
Oadby & Wigston ‘Community Energy Club’, on Thursday 16th February.
Harborough 'Bikeability', on 15th-17th February.
We organise fun-filled holiday programmes for children, encouraging them to try a wide range of sports and activities.
They run during the February half-term, Easter holidays, Summer holidays and October half-term and take place all around Charnwood.
Session Date: Monday 10th April (09:00 - 16:00)
Organised By: Active Charnwood
Feel Alive from 65 Week 2016
We've recently celebrated and inspired our active older generation with over 240 local sessions engaging over 2,100 over 65's. The week saw a huge number of new and exciting sessions including Tai Chi, Gardening, Nordic Walking and Tea Dances to name just a few.
And the celebration for our older adults doesn't stop there!
2017 Campaign Weeks
Dates are set and preparations are underway for our 2017 Campaign Weeks! The 2017 campaign week dates have been confirmed; check back later for more information.
- Active Family Week - 13th-19th February 2017. Fun, family friendly events and activities to get families active together.
- This Girl Can Week - 5th-11th June 2017. A celebration of women to inspire and encourage to become more active.
- Feel Alive from 65 Week - 25th September - 1st October 2017. Physical activity taster sessions to promote active living in older adults
We are offering local businesses/partners the opportunity to advertise their products/services as part of their successful campaign programme.
Made up from 3 mini campaigns, our Campaign Weeks aim to increase participation in individuals of all ages and abilities across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
Advertising Benefits Include:
- Advert placed in all three countywide campaign booklets totalling over 22,000 prints (7,500 prints per campaign) with option to change advert for specific campaign
- PDF copy of booklet to use for further marketing and promotion
- Inclusion in at least 2 press releases and social media posts relating to campaign weeks, with an audience of over 6,500 users on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Company name and link to your website included on Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's physical activity campaign website page (www.lrsport.org/beactive) between May 2016 and February 2017 which last year, the LRS website attracted over 70,000 users and 500,000 page views.
See attached document for more information.
- Advertising Opportunities 2016 (PDF, 375 Kb)
For more information please contact:
Sports Development Officer (Secondment, 2/3 days a week)
- Workplace Challenge
- Physical Activity Campaign Weeks
- 01509 564879