Be Active with our Campaign Weeks!
Sport and Physical Activity is an important part of our lives, no matter what our age or ability.
In partnership with our 9 Local Authorities, we host 3 mass participation Campaign Weeks throughout the year.
During 2015/16 over 8,000 individuals of all ages and abilities took part in a range of exciting opportunities to increase their activity levels.
Feel Alive from 65 Week 2016
We've recently celebrated and inspired our active older generation with over 240 local sessions engaging over 2,100 over 65's. The week saw a huge number of new and exciting sessions including Tai Chi, Gardening, Nordic Walking and Tea Dances to name just a few.
And the celebration for our older adults doesn't stop there!
2017 Campaign Weeks
Dates are set and preparations are underway for our 2017 Campaign Weeks! The 2017 campaign week dates have been confirmed; check back later for more information.
- Active Family Week - 13th-19th February 2017. Fun, family friendly events and activities to get families active together.
- This Girl Can Week - 5th-11th June 2017. A celebration of women to inspire and encourage to become more active.
- Feel Alive from 65 Week - 25th September - 1st October 2017. Physical activity taster sessions to promote active living in older adults
We are offering local businesses/partners the opportunity to advertise their products/services as part of their successful campaign programme.
Made up from 3 mini campaigns, our Campaign Weeks aim to increase participation in individuals of all ages and abilities across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
Advertising Benefits Include:
- Advert placed in all three countywide campaign booklets totalling over 22,000 prints (7,500 prints per campaign) with option to change advert for specific campaign
- PDF copy of booklet to use for further marketing and promotion
- Inclusion in at least 2 press releases and social media posts relating to campaign weeks, with an audience of over 6,500 users on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Company name and link to your website included on Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's physical activity campaign website page (www.lrsport.org/beactive) between May 2016 and February 2017 which last year, the LRS website attracted over 70,000 users and 500,000 page views.
See attached document for more information.
- Advertising Opportunities 2016 (PDF, 375 Kb)
For more information please contact:
Sports Development Officer
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- 01509 564879