Clubs are becoming more professional and better organised as they improve their performance and the service they provide for members. Some clubs are keen to recruit more members and expand while others simply want to consolidate.
Whatever stage your club is at, and wherever you are aiming to be, there are many resources that can help you.
Are you looking to promote your Club or activity sessions?
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) are offering Clubs and session providers a free platform in which to promote your activities across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland. Our 'Get Active' Search Engine allows users to search for a range of opportunities to take part in sport and physical activity in our local area. Ensure your Club and sessions are uploaded, and showcase your activities!
Register your Club/Organisation first, then once that have been approved by us, you can start to upload details of your specific sessions.
Clubmark is a Quality Club Accreditation standard that shows that shows that a club provides the right environment which ensures the welfare of members and encourages everyone to enjoy sport and stay involved throughout their lives.
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport can support clubs to complete the CSP Clubmark accreditation for sports whose NGB does not operate its own Clubmark accreditation.
Club Leaders provides free support for clubs in Business & Financial Planning, Marketing, Facilities Management & Governance.
They do this through three targeted methods:
- Modules - The online modules and downloadable toolkits contain lots of helpful hints and tips to get you started
- Mentoring - A one-to-one relationship of volunteers from within business who assist their locally based sports clubs to become more successful.
- Seminars - Face-to-face training for groups of at least 8 clubs focusing on the key business skills that clubs need in order to be sustainable
PAYE & Employment Status: Protect your Club and your Young People
Suitable for those who want to understand their club's responsibilities towards the people that work for them.
- Know your team – volunteer, worker or employee benefits and risks of each?
- Employment status – tests, guides and examples
- Juggling expenses – employees, clubs, individuals
- Staying out in front – recent developments (RTI & AE)
Tuesday 18th November 2014, 6:30pm – 8:30pm at SportPark
Club Structures: Building for Success
Suitable for anyone involved in reviewing their club structure or concerned about CASC.
- Importance of your club structure
- Overview of different legal structures
- Top tips for becoming incorporated
- Selecting the best status for your club, including CASC, charities and CIO's
- Getting to grips with gift aid.
Sunday 8th March 2015 – Part of the Coach & Club Development Day, venue tbc
Business Planning: Securing a Brighter Future
Suitable for anyone from committee members to coaches involved in helping their club plan for the future.
- What a business plan can do for your club
- Key players in developing a business plan
- A simple framework to support your planning
- Top tips of what to include in your plan and common pitfalls to watch out for.
Sunday 21st June 2015 – Part of the Coach & Club Development Day, venue tbc
For more information & to book any of the above course, please click here.