Clubs are becoming more professional and better organised as they improve their performance and the service they provide for members. Some clubs are keen to recruit more members and expand while others simply want to consolidate.
National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs) have a combined total of 50,262 clubs. These clubs in turn have a combined membership of 1,812,132. These vary from Sunday football teams with a membership of 15 to large scale gymnastics clubs with over 1,000 members. There are over 1,000,000 more members of sports clubs in England than there are members of political parties in the entire UK! (The State of Play 2014)
Whatever stage your club is at, and wherever you are aiming to be, there are many resources that can help you.
Clubmark is a Quality Club Accreditation standard that shows that a club provides the right environment which ensures the welfare of members and encourages everyone to enjoy sport and stay involved throughout their lives.
We can support clubs to complete Clubmark accreditation for sports whose NGB does not operate its own Clubmark accreditation.
Are you looking to promote your Club or activity sessions?
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) are offering Clubs and session providers a free platform in which to promote your activities across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland. Our 'Get Active' Search Engine allows users to search for a range of opportunities to take part in sport and physical activity in our local area. Ensure your Club and sessions are uploaded, and showcase your activities!
Register your Club/Organisation first, then once that have been approved by us, you can start to upload details of your specific sessions.
Club Matters, the essential one-stop-shop for sports clubs, will provide you with support, learning and guidance on all aspects of running a club whether it is large, small, formal or informal. Club Matters offers free, simple and bitesize support to all clubs.
- Online Support – There will be a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules.
- Workshops – Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions delivered across the country by experts in a range of speciﬁc areas.
- Mentoring – Whether you want long term support, or just a short call to sound out your ideas, our Club Matters mentors can help. Our ﬂexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club.
- Club Improvement Plan – An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well and whether they can develop. This will provide your club with a tailored development plan.
- Club Views - A club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club.
Access for All: Opening Doors
The English Federation of Disability Sport (EFDS) have created a number of guides to offer sports clubs easy and practical advice on how to become more accessible to disabled people. View and download the free guides below.