Coaches play a key role in delivering sport providing time, expertise, commitment and enthusiasm to help develop sport and physical activity at every level.
Whether you are existing coach, newly qualified or an organisation/club/group looking to develop coaching, we here at Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport can provide continuing professional development opportunities which provide coaches with opportunities to update their skills, knowledge and techniques, also encouraging them to network with fellow coaches.
Everyone knows that physical activity is good for them and given the chance most would like to do more. Sometimes the desire to want to do something isn't enough and some people need a bit of a nudge from contemplation to action.
Coaches can provide this nudge
#CoachingCan is a campaign we're delivering with SportsCoachUK to champion the wider benefits of coaching.
Throughout our Coaching section you will find helpful coaching resources including guidance around minimum operating standards, funding guidance, tools to help with get involved, improve your coaching, coaching videos and the latest coaching blogs.
Register as a Coach
Complete your Coaching Profile with us and receive further benefits and access to our Coaching Newsletters
We have a designated Coaching Development Manager, Natalia, who is here to help you with your coaching needs. Examples of the support services available:
- Bursary and funding for qualification
- Coaching opportunities (paid & voluntary)
- Personalised individuals or club and coach development plans
- Opportunities to access mentoring support
- CPD, coach education and sport specific courses
- Coaching Profile and Newsletter - complete your Profile to receive specific coaching information, reminders and our Coaching Newsletter.
View the subpages for this section in the navigation on the right-hand side.