In this section you will find further information, tips, hints and a series of templates that will support you with your coaching.
- TeachPE – this is a free resource for sports coaching and physical education.
- Special Olympics Coaching Guides – free coaching guides, rules, quick starts guides.
- Sports Coach UK TV - Coaching Children videos – sports coach UK have produced a series of videos about Coaching Children.
- CoachAnyWay – is a free sports coaching video library for the public. Sports coaching videos posted by professional and amateur coaches.
- Coaching with Balls – is an NGB endorsed online learning tool for coaches.
Coach Talk - Sports Coach UK Blogs
Love what you coach - coach what you love
sports coach UK Development Lead Officer Liz Burkinshaw says February is her month to share her love of coaching and tells us how she's going to mark it.
Even Pep Guardiola can get it wrong sometimes
sports coach UK Information Manager John McIlroy looks at Pep Guardiola and an interesting snippet form his biographysports coach UK Information Manager John McIlroy looks at a time when Pep Guardiola's attempts to motivate his players didn't quite go to plan – and how he put it right.
10 benefits of multi-skills coaching all coaches should know
sports coach UK Coach Education Advisor Andy Grant gives us 10 benefits of multi-skills coaching.
Accelerated Learning – Learning not to be an Expert!
sports coach UK Development Lead Officer Kurt Lindley ask is being good, good enough and considers how we can get good quickly.
Having a Visual Impairment has not stopped me coaching
George Ferguson, Inclusive Sport Activator at British Blind Sport gives advice for coaches with a visual impairment, and for coaches of participants with a visual impairment.
- Code Of Practice For Sports Coaches (PDF, 450 Kb)
- Example Session Register (MS Word, 55 Kb)
- Example Risk Assessment (MS Word, 32 Kb)
- Example Risk Assessment 2 (MS Word, 30 Kb)
- Example Session Plan 1 (MS Word, 30 Kb)
- Example Session Plan 2 (MS Word, 29 Kb)
- Example Incident Accident Report Form (MS Word, 28 Kb)
- Coaching Session Review Log (MS Word, 144 Kb)
- Recognising Effective Coaching (Zip Archive, 125 Kb)
- Best Practice Guidelines For Coaching Children Young People (PDF, 86 Kb)