- SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive
- Contact Name
- Kate Scott
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- Tue, 13 Sep 2016 (18:00 - 20:00)
Autism awareness training for sports coaches, physical activity and community group deliverers.
This two hour autism awareness session provides an introduction to autism in relation to sport and physical activity.
The course will enable learners to:
- Increase their awareness and understanding of autism
- Explore the range of abilities found with autism
- Access information to enable them to support people with autism more effectively in sport and physical activity sessions.
What is Active for Autism?
- The National Autistic Society has developed training materials which will aim to:
- Increase the confidence and skills of practitioners, delivering sport and physical activity for people with autism that is inclusive and enabling them to engage and involve vulnerable people in meaningful ways.
- Improve the levels of participation of people with autism in sport and physical activity.
- Improve the self-esteem and wellbeing of people with autism through their participation in sport and physical activity.