I am a Coach
Good coaches never stop learning, examples are: watching other coaches, watching videos, using technology - apps, short workshops or maybe being part of coach development programme. We here at Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport offer support available for local coaches to access, including
- Courses - to support your improvement
- Register as a Coach: Register with us and access our Coaching Newsletter
- Funding: Coaches Funds
- Jobs: Relevant coaching jobs available
- Technology: Infographic & support materials/research papers
- Videos: sports coach UK as a guide
Register as a Coach
Complete your Coaching Profile with us and receive further benefits and access to our Coaching Newsletters
Courses - Workforce Education Programme
Our Workforce Education Programme runs annually and provides a variety of courses aimed at helping you improve your coaching, with workshops across Leicestershire, Leicester City and Rutland.
It includes courses for A Guide to Mentoring Sports Coaches, Safeguarding & Protecting Children, Positive Behaviour Management in Sport and Inclusive Coaching.
If you are a coach operating at any level, either in a paid or voluntary capacity you will benefit from accessing these workshops.
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 (09:00 - 16:00)
Location: SportPark at Loughborough University, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF
This course is aimed at those who are involved in sporting activities and may need to administer basic first aid. Delivered by sports and trauma medical specialists and national sports coach educator.
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 (09:30 - 15:30)
Location: Hinckley Leisure Centre, Argents Mead, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1BZ
One day course for Early Years Practitioners, exploring how to use dance to bring stories to life!
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 (18:30 - 21:30)
Location: LE13 1GH
This workshop is for Coaches, Team Managers, Club Officers, Teachers, Volunteers.
Coaching Jobs & Funding
Use our widgets to search for local coaching jobs and funding sources.
Funding Finder - Coach/Officials
Job Finder - Coach/Officials
Coaching Support Videos & Resources
- A Guide To Using Training Needs Analysis And Personal Development Plans (PDF, 4.6 Mb)
- Example Of Completed TNA Coach Profile Form (PDF, 101 Kb)
- TNA Coaching Profile Wheel (PDF, 252 Kb)
- Personal Development Plan Template (PDF, 203 Kb)
- Example Of Completed Personal Development Plan (PDF, 72 Kb)