All Stars Champion
- Laura Joyce / 07464 652715
- Laura Joyce / 07464 652715
- £18,000 to £20,000
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Mon 4th September, 2017
- 5:00pm - Mon 18th September, 2017
Do you want to inspire kids and families to get involved with Cricket? Do you love sport? Do you want to be part of an industry leading participation programme?
In 2017, the ECB launched All Stars Cricket, a brand-new programme aimed at providing 5-8 years with a great first experience of the game. In year one, just under 40,000 children took part in All Stars Cricket in clubs across England and Wales. In 2018, we aspire to recruit 100,000 kids into the programme. This won't be possible without having brilliant people supporting clubs and new centres.
We're looking to recruit enthusiastic individuals with a passion for kid's sport and cricket. Additionally, you need to
have strong communication and influencing skills and a thirst to achieve excellence to join the All Stars Champion team.
Roles and Responsibilities
All Stars Cricket Champions will be responsible for;
- • Driving growth in ASC and increasing the number of local opportunities available across the region
- • Building relationships and retaining 2017 centres.
- • Exciting new centres and partners about ASC and recruiting them to deliver in 2018.
- • Promoting All Stars Cricket extensively in local primary schools and encouraging transition into local centres.
- • Developing relationships with the HE/ voluntary sector to broaden the workforce supporting delivery of ASC
- • Supporting centres to have everything they need in place to provide a safe and inclusive environment.
- • Facilitate recruitment, training and accreditation of ASC Activators and school promotion workforce
- • Supporting clubs to develop and implement local marketing plans.
- • Develop innovative strategies to engage new audiences and broaden the reach of ASC, increasing brand awareness as a local level
- • Supporting ASC centres in action, providing feedback to enhance the customer experience
- • Co-ordinating money can't buy experiences in programme, at a local level and at ODIs and Tests.
- • Providing ongoing support to centres and activators, and responding to any queries received.
- • Monitoring, evaluating and supporting the end of programme review.
Preferred skills, knowledge and behaviours
- • Experience of inspiring kids to be passionate about sport
- • Experience of delivering sports activities with five to eight year olds
- • Exceptional influencing skills to recruit new centres for 2018
- • Experience of working with volunteers
- • Confident in delivering presentations to groups of people i.e. school assemblies
- • Highly developed communication skills in a variety of formats e.g. face to face, phone and e-mail
- • Adaptable nature to accommodate flexible working patterns to meet the demands of working with volunteers
- • Strong administration, organisational and planning skills with the ability to monitor and evaluate activity
- • Efficient time management with the ability to act on their own initiative and as a member of a team
- • Inspirational leader that can bring other people with them
- • Attention to detail and a desire to exceed expectations
- • Valid driving licence
- • Be subject to an advanced disclosure barring service check
- • Competent using Microsoft office
- • ASC Centres and volunteers
- • Other CCB leads in schools and clubs
- • ECB Regional Youth Participation Executive
To apply, please submit a CV along with a covering letter by email to
email@example.com providing an indication on whether you are seeking an opportunity in a specific county (Leics, Lincs, Northants) or are flexible.
The closing date for all applications is Monday 18th September at 5pm.
Formal interviews will take place
For any queries regarding the role, please contact Laura Joyce (Regional Youth Participation Executive, East Midlands) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 07464 652715
asc-champion-job-description-2017-18.pdf (PDF, 377.1 Kb)
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.