Leicester Tigers Inclusive Rugby Development Officer
Reporting to the Community Managers
- To be part of the team which is responsible for the management and implementation of those activities which form an essential part of the Club's Community Development Programme.
- To work on the PRL / RFU New Heads of Agreement initiative, developing a wide reaching programme meeting the delivery KPIs and outcomes prescribed in the community funding agreement.
- To specifically lead on Tigers BAME engagement, recruiting new players to rugby, working with the local BAME community to develop interest and a continuing pathway to developing sustainable club rugby opportunities.
- To assist in recruiting and coaching new players to rugby from the specific demographics of SEND and LSEG as directed by the Heads of Agreement from various community locations.
- To deliver an exciting and attractive coaching and physical activity programme which stimulates the interest of young people and community leaders in a variety of locations within the Tigers Community area.
- To develop an ongoing Rugby pathway at local clubs for all participants, working in partnership with the RFU and Clubs to ensure a quality outcome for all.
- To assist in the organisation, communication & administration of the Programme ensuring all interested parties are engaged and informed throughout.
- To coach on and assist in preparing, promoting and running the Tiger's Rugby Camps and Match Day programme on a domestic and international basis.
- To help plan, develop, deliver and administer various Community and Leicester Tigers Foundation Programmes and activities.
- To help establish a constructive relationship with teachers, pupils and local rugby clubs, and so generate more interest in Tigers, generating leads and opportunities for the group sales team.
- To support any other community initiatives with which the Club is associated.
- Minimum Level 2 RFU Coaching Qualification with a desire and willingness to improve and deliver professional excellence in all sessions.
- Understanding of the issues of BAME, SEND and LSEG groups, within society and their interaction within the context of community / club sport.
- In possession of, or having the ability to achieve, a clear and valid NGB linked DBS Enhanced Clearance.
- In possession of a full and valid Driving Licence, with access to own vehicle.
- Hard working and motivated team player, ability to work on ones own initiative.
- Confident and organised, good communicator.
- Ability to work within, and adhere to, NGB rules and age grade guidelines demonstrating a sound practical awareness of Child Welfare related industry concerns.
inclusive-rdo-vacancy-sept-2017.docx (MS Word, 17.4 Kb)
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.