The following information provides details on Local Scholarship Funds available for coaches.
Blaby Local Sport Alliance Coach Grant Scheme
- Applicants must be volunteering at a club or organisation within Blaby District, or if applying to improve prospects of gaining employment in the sport and leisure industry, be living or attending an educational institution in the District.
- Grants will be considered to a maximum of £75 or 50% of the total costs of attending a sports coaching and leadership course as well as travel costs to and from the course venue.
- All applicants must complete a current Application Form for the Blaby Local Sports Alliances Coach Development Grant scheme.
For more information visit www.sportblaby.org.uk/coach-support.html
Charnwood Borough Council - Coach/Official Development Grant
The grant could fund up to 50% of your coaching course, to qualify for grant aid, individuals must apply through their club. As well as the general criteria which apply to all grant applications, organisations applying for coach/official education grants must meet the following criteria:
- The course for which the individual is applying for grant aid must be for a sport/activity recognised by Sport England and/or the Governing Body of the respective sport.
- Each grant application will be considered on its own merits. Grants will normally be awarded to a maximum rate of 50% and not exceeding £250. Applications will be considered for a minimum course cost of £20.
- Applicants/clubs/other sources must be able to contribute at least 50% of the cost of the proposed course.
- Applicants must be actively involved in providing opportunities and supporting the development of their sport within the Borough of Charnwood.
For more information visit www.charnwoodsport.org.uk/sports-grants.html
Harborough District Sports & Activity Alliance Coaches' Scholarship Fund
The HDSAA Coaches Scholarship Fund has been developed to assist local sports coaches and instructors to broaden their knowledge and gain appropriate qualifications, whilst also encouraging new volunteers into sports coaching. In turn this will improve the quality experience of people receiving sports coaching in the Harborough District whilst contributing to the development of coaches in the local area.
Please click on the link below to download a copy of the application form or visit www.harboroughsport.org.uk/funding.html
Hinckley & Bosworth
Local Sport & Health Alliance 'Coach Scholarship Scheme'
Hinckley & Bosworth Local Sport & Health Alliance has recognised that the local area needs more Level 1 and 2 qualified coaches to meet the anticipated demand the 2012 Games will bring and has established a small scholarship fund to provide support for sports volunteers/coaches to access National Governing Body Level 1 and Level 2 Coach Education awards.
Please click below to download the application form or for more information visit www.hbsha.org.uk/coach-education.html
Melton Coach & Club Development Grant Scheme
Active Melton is the Local Sport Alliance for the Borough of Melton, bringing together all of the agencies that have an interest in sport and physical activity. The Coach & Cub Development Grant Scheme aims to provide financial assistance to encourage the development of sport and physical activity, coaches, clubs and leaders within the Borough of Melton. The scheme will assist people and clubs within the Borough to gain relevant qualifications in sports coaching, leadership, first aid to enable them to gain purposeful employment in the sport and leisure industry, such as the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
For more information download the grant form below or visit www.meltonsportandhealth.org.uk/
North West Leicestershire
North West Leicestershire Local Sports Alliance Coach Education Grant
The North West Leicestershire Coach Education Grant assists in the development of local coaches, clubs and officials enabling them to gain appropriate qualifications in their chosen sport.
The grant is available to individuals attending a school/college within the North West Leicestershire School Sports Partnership area and sports clubs/individuals who reside or coach at a sports club in North West Leicestershire. The grant available is 50% of the total cost up to a maximum of £100.
To apply for a coach education grant or find out further details please contact visit www.northwestleicslsa.org.uk/2012-sports-and-coach-education.html
Oadby & Wigston
Oadby & Wigston Coach Scholarship Scheme
Oadby and Wigston Local Sport Alliance has recognised that the local area needs more Level 1 and 2 qualified coaches and has established a small scholarship fun to provide support for sports volunteers/coaches to access National Governing Body Level 1 and Level 2 coach education awards.
Oadby & Wigston Sports Grant Scheme
Young people aged 18 and under, competing at county level or above can apply for £100 funding to assist with the cost of sports equipment, training and travelling expenses. Applicants must live or go to school within the borough to be considered.
Rutland LSA's Club, Coach & Volunteer Fund
As part of our commitment to support local sports volunteers, local clubs, coaches and volunteers are invited to apply to the Rutland Local Sports Alliance (LSA) for funding to support the development of sport and physical activity in Rutland.
Applicants can apply for:
- Grants will normally be awarded to a maximum rate of 50% of the course costs (not exceeding £250) . Applications will be considered for a minimum course cost of £20
- Funding to be used to cover the full costs of Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport coach education courses (up to a maximum of £55 per person).
We strongly encourage local sports clubs and those wishing to develop new sporting opportunities in Rutland to apply.
For more information, please contact the Activities Officer to request an application form Telephone: 01572 720936 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.activerutland.org.uk/programmes.html