PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROGRAMMES
Physical Activity: The Facts
How much physical activity should you be doing?
The Chief Medical Officer has released a number of guidelines on the amount of physical activity we should be doing throughout our lifecourse.
- Early Years (Under 5's)
- Early Years (Under 5's capable of walking)
- Children and Young People (5-18 years)
- Adults (19-64 years)
- Older Adults (65+ years)
Why should you be doing physical activity?
- Health Benefits: prevention and control of numerous illnesses, helps to maintain strong and healthy bones/joints/muscles, helps with weight control.
- Social Benefits: meet new people, take up a new hobby, do activities with your friends and family.
- Wellbeing Benefits:improve your mood, improve your confidence, reduce stress, gain more self esteem.