Local Case Studies
Stokes Wood Primary School
"This funding has helped us implement and expand the PE and sport programme we have wanted for a long time.
Together with pupil premium, it ensures that all pupils are given a chance to develop physical skills and a knowledge of how to keep themselves healthy, build self-esteem and success in school, both sporting and academic".
- SCUK Primary PE and Sport Premium Case Study Stokes Wood (PDF, 132 Kb)
- Stokes Wood PS Case Study (PDF, 60 Kb)
Brocks Hill Primary School - Whole School Improvement
- Specialist external provision: two fitness training initiatives targeting vulnerable pupils aimed at developing their fitness, coordination and concentration
- Inclusive/special needs activities including staff CPD and events
- Small-group interventions (including Meaningful Movement, Big Moves, Energy Club) targeted children with additional needs (including obesity, poor physical development, fine and gross motor skills, coordination, stamina, attendance etc.)
- The role of P.E. in whole-school improvement is now embedded, with staff understanding the connection between development of core academic skills & physical skills, particularly in literacy.
- Informal teacher assessments indicate that achievement in P.E. lessons has significantly increased now that systems of work are fully embedded.
- Numbers of children participating in after-school sports clubs have increased by 55% over last year, including significantly more children receiving pupil premium.
- Special events such as the inclusive sports day have been received with great enthusiasm and added a great deal of value for all children in terms of their wider understanding of disability and inclusion.
- Significant improvements especially in concentration, behaviour and motivation among target children. High standards of achievement and progress are being maintained.
- Teacher confidence has greatly increased following enhanced CPD opportunities. All staff recognise the benefits of involvement in PE and sport and CPD opportunities are being taken up enthusiastically, including swimming and tennis coaching.
- Brocks Hill PS Case Study (PDF, 65 Kb)
Additional Local/National Case Studies
- Top Tips - Case Study Schools (PDF, 73 Kb)
- Ashby Hill Top PS Case Study (PDF, 67 Kb)
- Broom Leys PS Case Study (PDF, 85 Kb)
- Dove Bank PS Case Study (PDF, 65 Kb)
- Eastfield PS Case Study (PDF, 62 Kb)
- English Martyrs PS Case Study (PDF, 52 Kb)
- Sacred Heart Charnwood PS Case Study (PDF, 57 Kb)
- Sacred Heart PS Case Study (PDF, 60 Kb)
- Shepshed HS Case Study (PDF, 75 Kb)
- St Bart's PS Case Study (PDF, 59 Kb)
- St Mary's PS Case Study (PDF, 61 Kb)
- Swallowdale PS Case Study (PDF, 78 Kb)