BE SAFE IN SPORT
One of Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's Guiding Principles is:
Safe Sport: Safe opportunities for taking part is important for all and essential when providing opportunities for young people and vulnerable adults.
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people engaged in sporting activities across Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland. It aims to contribute to safeguarding children and young people by:
- Meeting the requirements of the Standards for Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport (CPSU, 2002).
- Implementing and demonstrating best safeguarding practice when staff, volunteers or others are providing services, activities and programmes for children and other young people.
- Working with partners to establish and implement agreed, consistent minimum safeguarding standards for sporting activities across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Requiring those individuals or organisations that are funded or commissioned to provide any service for children and young people to effectively address safeguarding requirements.
- Maximising its influence to promote safeguarding practice and principles within its wider partnership roles and relationships.
We have been given permission to use the ABA complaints procedure as an example of what should be in place to effectively field concerns from anyone regarding safeguarding.
For specific National Governing Body of Sport policies, please contact the relevant NGB directly via our A-Z of Sport
For more information please contact:
- Government Makes Vetting Barring U-turn On Age Limit (Zip Archive, 14 Kb)
- Proposed Changes To Criminal Record Checks Implications For Coaching (Zip Archive, 15 Kb)
- CPSU Latest News
- CPSU Relay Newsletter
- Social Networking Guidelines for Safeguarding
- Leicestershire County Council Complaints Procedures
Guidance & Resources
- ABAE Complaints Letter (PDF, 2.4 Mb)
- Children's Workforce Matters
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Use Of Electronic Communications (MS Word, 37 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Staffing Supervision (MS Word, 37 Kb)
- CPSU - Briefing Paper On Duty Of Care (MS Word, 51 Kb)
- Guidelines For The Transportation Of Children Young People (MS Word, 44 Kb)
- Guidelines On Use Of Photographic Filming At Competitions (MS Word, 100 Kb)
- Leicester-Shire Rutland Sport Safeguarding Policy (Zip Archive, 106 Kb)
- NSPCC Preventing Bullying Behaviour
- Safeguarding Protecting Children In Sport - Guide For Parents (PDF, 645 Kb)
- Safeguarding Protecting Children In Sport - Guide For Clubs (PDF, 654 Kb)
- Safeguarding Protecting Children In Sport - Guide For Coaches (PDF, 532 Kb)
- Sample Code Of Ethics Conduct (MS Word, 25 Kb)
- Video Clips from the Child Protection in Sport Unit