- Contact Name
- General Enquires
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 07971 497792
What is American Football?
In American Football points are scored by carrying the ball over the opponent's goal line, catching a pass thrown over that goal line, kicking the ball through the opponent's goal posts or tackling an opposing ball carrier in his own end zone.
- Improve skills of all types, from physical technique and endurance to communication and analytical skills.
- Development of explosive physical skills
- Good team and social environment
- Burns calories! The amount of calories you can burn depends on your weight, position and the amount of time you are in the game, but can be up to 500 calories an hour for lighter players and 900 calories an hour for heavier players.
American football can be played at adult, university and junior levels, with the British American Football Association set to introduce a schools and colleges league. The British American Football Association lists all teams around Great Britain on their website -http://www.britishamericanfootball.org/find-a-club
- Helmet with a face guard
- Neck Collar/Neck Roll
- Jockstrap and Cup
- Mouth Guard
- Thigh, Hip and Knee Pads
- Shoulder Pads
- The National Football League was formed in 1920 and was the principal league until the 1960s, when the rival American Football League became a legitimate competitor.
- In 1966, the two leagues agreed to play a season-ending fixture to decide the best team in both competitions. This was the start of the Super Bowl. The leagues fully merged in 1970, creating the two "conference" NFL that is still in existence today.