Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) is your local network and support team for physical activity and sport across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
We want to be the most active place in England, building a healthy and vibrant future for our communities.
We work as a partnership with the local authorities of Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland (LLR) and work together with a range of partners including Schools, School Sport & Physical Activity Networks (SSPANs), local and national organisations, clubs, coaches and volunteers.
We have a shared commitment to enrich the lives of the residents of LLR by:
- Getting more people to take part in physical activity and sport.
- Improving our citizen's physical and mental well-being.
- Developing our paid and unpaid workforce.
- Creating a strong voice for physical activity and sport.
- Building a physical activity and sport environment that is safe, fair and customer focused.
County Sports Partnerships (CSPs) like LRS have been set up by Sport England as the delivery system for the development of sport and physical activity at a county level, ensuring national resources have local reach.
Whether you are a club/organisation, coach, volunteer, athlete, or just simply interested in getting involved in local activity, sport and wellbeing opportunities, we can provide the support, advice and information you need.
View the subpages for this section in the navigation on the right-hand side or take a look around our website to find out more.