Holidays Together: Holiday Activities & Food Programme Easter 2021
School Grant Funding Opportunity Now Open
The Department for Education has recently released information on its Holiday Activities and Food Programme for 2021. The programme will take place for one week during the Easter Holidays, four weeks during the Summer Holidays and one week during the Christmas Holidays. It is specifically targeted to offer provision to children who are eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals, for four hours a day, four days a week during the identified holiday periods. The aim is that the children who attend the provision will be supported:
- to eat more healthily over the school holidays;
- to be more active during the school holidays;
- to take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing along with their wider educational attainment;
- to be safe and not to be socially isolated;
- to have greater knowledge of health and nutrition; and
- to be more engaged with school and other local services.
Leicestershire County Council, working with LeicesterShire and Rutland Sport, will operate as the coordinator for the programme across Leicestershire and are now inviting bids from Leicestershire schools to apply for funding to offer a provision for eligible Leicestershire pupils for the second week of the Easter holidays.
To find further information (including introduction to grant guide, application form and details on who to contact for further information), please visit www.leicestershirecommunities.org.uk/grants/leicestershire-haf
Closing date for applications is 26th February 2021.
HAF Programme Application Easter 2021 (MS Word, 76 Kb)