Holidays Together: Holiday Activities & Food Programme Summer 2021
Leicestershire County Council, working with LeicesterShire and Rutland Sport, will operate as the coordinator for the Department for Education funded Holiday Activities & Food programme across Leicestershire. The Council will be inviting bids from Leicestershire schools and Voluntary and Community Sector providers to deliver holiday club provision to benefits-related free school meals eligible children living in Leicestershire.
The Holidays Together: Holiday Activities and Food Programme is specifically targeted to offer provision to children who are eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals.
Applying organisations will be expected to offer provision for four hours a day, four days a week, four weeks over the Summer Holidays.
The aim is that the children who attend the provision will be supported:
- to eat more healthily over the school holidays;
- to be more active during the school holidays;
- to take part in engaging and enriching activities;
- to be safe and not to be socially isolated;
- to have greater knowledge of health and nutrition; and
- to be more engaged with school and other local services.
Further information (including the grant application form and grant guidance) will be available on this webpage from Monday 3rd May.
For more information please visit https://www.leicestershirecommunities.org.uk/grants/leicestershire-haf