Our Courses, Workshops and Events
We host a number of workshops, courses and events throughout the year, including through our Workforce Education Programme. Our online booking system allows you to find, book and pay for places on our (and occasionally partners') courses and events.
Supporting our Workforce to Deliver an Active Nation
Welcome to our Workforce Education Programme, running from September 2018 – July 2019. The aim of the programme is to develop a skilled, motivated and fit for purpose workforce (paid and voluntary) that is representative of our communities.
We are offering a range of workshops for those new to coaching or an experienced coach, an established club or just getting started, those wishing to promote physical activity and health & well-being within their settings, or just looking for awareness raising sessions then this programme will provide you with details and information on workshops across Leicestershire, Leicester City and Rutland.
We have a philosophy of co-development and co-production, with the workshops being delivered by a variety of organisations on a range of topics:
- Developing Skills & Knowledge - including Emergency First Aid and Behaviour Change
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Coaching - including Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- Club Development - including Funding workshops
- Early Years
- Later Life
- Workplace Health
- Business in Sport
Please use the sub-page tiles below to look through the current courses on offer.
How to Book
- Identify the course/event you wish to attend and select the number of places you wish to book.
- Work through the booking process by completing the booking information required.
- At the time of making an online booking you have the option to pay online, or pay off-line by sending a cheque made payable to 'Leicestershire County Council' and sent to Business Support, Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF.
- On receipt of your online booking you will receive an automatic receipt confirming your booking. Shortly before the course/event takes place, you will receive a confirmation email with the final details for the course/event, including map/directions.
- Please book early to avoid disappointment and also note that courses/events may be cancelled due to low attendance.
- Non Attendance: If you are unable to attend or wish to cancel a booking you must telephone Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport on 01509 564888 at least 7 days prior to the course/event. If you fail to do so you will lose your payment and will be subject to a cancellation charge.
As with previous years, Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport will again subsidise the cost of the Workforce Education courses, helping to ensure cost is not a barrier to attending.