Business of Sport
Whether your business supports the visitors to, or the residents of, Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland a wealth of support is available to you.
Be part of Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's 'Business of Sport Network' striving to make Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland the premier, high performing location for undertaking the business of physical activity and sport.
Our network gives you:
- A single point of access for business support to meet your needs - many of which are free
- Access to seminars and workshops to help you to grow your business - see below
- Connect with other businesses, suppliers, buyers, event hosts, venues, clubs, coaches and participants
- News and updates which affect the sporting economy in Leicestershire and Leicester.
Sign-up to the Business of Sport Network using the widget to the right and take a look around these website pages for further support.
Webinars and Workshop
2020 has accelerated our digital work and we're pleased to be supporting Active Together and be part of the Shop Local opportunity
Posted: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 14:45
Harry White, founder of Aim Strong Sport
2020 has challenged many sports business where face to face and group activity were fundamental elements of successful sporting, leisure of physical activity businesses.
With contracts in schools put on hold, ongoing restrictions disrupting all previous plans, Harry was challenged to revise his thinking.
- Accelerated digital offer
- Developed online content
- Developed a You Tube Channel
- Now selling equipment packs via their wider online work
- Taken on an apprentice – only 16 years of age but through more intense mentoring has taken the lead on projects, embedded themselves and committed wholeheartedly to the culture and long term vision of the organisation.
Harry has for several years been connected with the Business Support available through the Business Gateway, the Business of Sport Network through LRS and has kept a clear vision on his goals and accessed the support available to help him achieve this.
Now, he is pleased to be part of the Active Together Shop Local opportunity.
To find out more about Aim Strong click here.
Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre is open, taking bookings and making the most of the Active Together Shop Local opportunity
Posted: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 14:07
2020, a year like no other, but our passion and love of sport and physical activity hasn't dwindled.
Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre are welcoming the opportunity to extend the reach of their current promotions to a wider audience through the Active Together Shop Local opportunity.
The LRS Active Together resources are available for sole traders, business, clubs and organisations to make the most of. You can encourage people to buy vouchers, kit or make bookings for your activities.
This 'shop local' opportunity is a way for you to share your offer with the LRS social media network.
If you are interested in making the most of the Active Together Shop Local opportunity simply:
- Register on the Active Together Supports Hub - click here
- Make the most of the resources available (you will need an image and a weblink)
- Tag us into your social media posts and we will happily support you
To find out more about the extensive opportunities available at the Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre - Click here
Posted: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 09:24
Enter daily with Easyfundraising for a chance to WIN £250 for your Club/Group!
Posted: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 09:20
Turning Christmas Shopping into Donations
Posted: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 09:29
Businesses urged to get ready for end of EU transition on 1 January
Premier location for sport and physical activity
Leicestershire and Leicester is one of the premier locations for sport and physical activity in England, and can justifiably lay claim to being England's 'County and City' sporting capital. Leicestershire are leading the way with a Growth Plan for the Sport and Physical Activity sector.
In 2016 Sport and Physical Activity brought £37 billion into the UK economy.
Leicester and Leicestershire recognise the huge sporting strengths in our area and a dedicated Economy and Sport Growth Manager has been brought in to roll out 3 streams of work over the next 2 years.
- Increase visitors to the area
- Develop a 'Single Point of Access' for businesses motivated to grow and develop
- Review career pathways and skills gaps within the sector
LLEP Sports Sector Growth Plan Final (PDF, 1.1 Mb)
For more information and support please contact:
Economy & Sport Growth Manager
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- 07785 766 644 / 01509 564859