Grow your sporting business
Business of Sport Network
Be part of Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's 'Business of Sport Network' striving to make Leicestershire and Leicester the premier, high performing location for undertaking the business of physical activity and sport.
Our network gives you:
- A single point of access for business support to meet your needs - many of which are free
- Access to seminars and workshops to help you to grow your business - see below
- Connect with other businesses, suppliers, buyers, event hosts, venues, clubs, coaches and participants
- News and updates which affect the sporting economy in Leicestershire and Leicester.
Sign-up to the Business of Sport Network using the widget above, and take a look around these website pages for further support.
Local Business Opportunities
Premier location for sport and physical activity
Leicestershire and Leicester is one of the premier locations for sport and physical activity in England, and can justifiably lay claim to being England's 'County and City' sporting capital. Leicestershire are leading the way with a Growth Plan for the Sport and Physical Activity sector.
"Our Vision is to promote Leicester and Leicestershire as a premier, high performing location for undertaking the business of physical activity and sport"
In 2016 Sport and Physical Activity brought £37 billion into the UK economy.
Leicester and Leicestershire recognise the huge sporting strengths in our area and a dedicated Economy and Sport Growth Manager has been brought in to roll out 3 streams of work over the next 2 years.
- Increase visitors to the area
- Develop a 'Single Point of Access' for businesses motivated to grow and develop
- Review career pathways and skills gaps within the sector
How the Sport and Physical Activity sector contributed to the economy in 2016
The Sport and Recreation Alliance are sharing some guidance sector specific challenges to be thinking about in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit.
Posted: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 14:22
Leicester and Leicestershire's Tourism Growth Plan was launched last week as part of the Leicester Business Festival 2019.
Posted: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 13:29
If Food and Drink is part of your business offer, could the Food and Drink Forum support your business?
Posted: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 18:11
For more information and support please contact:
Economy & Sport Growth Manager
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- 07785 766 644 / 01509 564878