Grow your sporting business
Business of Sport Network
Be part of Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's 'Business of Sport Network' striving to make Leicestershire and Leicester the premier, high performing location for undertaking the business of physical activity and sport.
Our network gives you:
- A single point of access for business support to meet your needs - many of which are free
- Access to seminars and workshops to help you to grow your business - see below
- Connect with other businesses, suppliers, buyers, event hosts, venues, clubs, coaches and participants
- News and updates which affect the sporting economy in Leicestershire and Leicester.
Sign-up to the Business of Sport Network using the widget above, and take a look around these website pages for further support.
Courses - Business of Sport
Premier location for sport and physical activity
Leicestershire and Leicester is one of the premier locations for sport and physical activity in England, and can justifiably lay claim to being England's 'County and City' sporting capital. Leicestershire are leading the way with a Growth Plan for the Sport and Physical Activity sector.
"Our Vision is to promote Leicester and Leicestershire as a premier, high performing location for undertaking the business of physical activity and sport"
In 2016 Sport and Physical Activity brought £37 billion into the UK economy.
Leicester and Leicestershire recognise the huge sporting strengths in our area and a dedicated Economy and Sport Growth Manager has been brought in to roll out 3 streams of work over the next 2 years.
- Increase visitors to the area
- Develop a 'Single Point of Access' for businesses motivated to grow and develop
- Review career pathways and skills gaps within the sector
How the Sport and Physical Activity sector contributed to the economy in 2016
Wed, 31 Oct 2018 09:00
Discover England Fund to offer businesses the opportunity to participate in this new International Tourism Market programme, targeting German and Dutch visitors who love England!
Tue, 30 Oct 2018 09:00
The programme of events has the potential to generate almost £2 billion of economic impact and could attract over 15 million spectators.
Wed, 24 Oct 2018 09:00
As part of the Leicester Business Festival, Loughborough University and Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport are working together to give businesses in the sport, fitness, physical activity and leisure sector the chance to develop links with our local universities to enable business growth and development.