Early Years Physical Activity, Health and Wellbeing Conference & Early Years Physical Activity Awards
Snowball fights, skipping, imaginative play and mindfulness, were just a sample of the fun to be had by delegates at the Early Years Conference 2019.
With over 90 attendants the conference was the perfect opportunity for Early Years practitioners to come together to network and to learn from experienced professionals around the importance of keeping children active and improving their health and wellbeing, whilst having fun and tapping into their imaginative side.
Diana Lawton, from Inspired Children, presented an engaging opening keynote speech on Physical Development. Next delegates took part in a range of interactive workshops on nutrition and food prep, active travel, "In the moment" planning, relaxation and mindfulness, as well as outdoor play for cognitive development health & wellbeing.
This year we presented not only three Early Years Awards but also two Highly Commended Awards, recognising the Early Years settings who'd excelled in incorporating physical activity, health and wellbeing into their environment.
- Most Active Setting Award - Fairfield Prep School
- Highly Commended Most Active Setting - Knossington & Somerby Pre School
- Early Years Champion Award Robyn Hill, Pocket Rocket Pre School
- Parental/Carer Engagement Award - Daisy Chain Nursery
- Highly Commended Parental / Carer Engagement Award - Home Start South Leicestershire
The award presentation was followed by the second key note speech by Ben Kingston-Hughes from Inspired Children on Amazing Brains and Bodies who had delegates pulling funny faces and drawing portraits on the top of their heads. Laughter and active play featured heavily throughout the day leaving Early Years practitioners inspired with new ideas and approaches.
Early Years Physical Activity, Health and Wellbeing Conference 2020
Including the Early Years Physical Activity Awards
Saturday 13th June 2020
King Power Stadium, Leicester
9:00am - 2:00pm
The Conference is an opportunity for Early Years practitioners to come together to learn from experienced professionals around the importance of keeping children active and improving their health and wellbeing.
The day will also include inspiring keynotes from speakers and topics including:
- Diana Lawton, Inspired Children - Self regulation.
- Paula McKee, Leicestershire Nutrition & Dietic Service - Nutrition/ Food Prep Session.
- Tom Chape, Leicestershire County Council, Active Travel
- Ben Kingston Hughes, Inspired Children - Loose parts and in the moment planning.
- Sara Johnson, Connect to Calm
- Katy Harris, Katy Lou's - Outdoor play for Cognitive Development Health & Wellbeing.
** Please note each workshop will be capped and places will be given on a first come first served basis. When filling in your booking form we will ask what your order of preference is and you will be notified which workshops you have been given**
Information and How to Book
This is a FREE Conference, but please note a charge of £20 will be incurred for non-attendance or failure to cancel a place 48 hours prior to the conference. Free lunch is provided on the day.
Early Years Conference Information Pack 2019 (PDF, 1.2 Mb)