Fundraising was tough in 2020 so here's one simple thing you can do to make it easier in 2021 – make sure your club is registered with easyfundraising.
This one simple action will allow your club to benefit from a stream of regular donations when your supporters shop online with popular retailers.
How does it work?
By using the easyfundraising website or app to shop, supporters raise a free donation based on how much they spend. Over 4,300 retailers will donate, ranging from everyday retailers like Amazon, eBay, Argos, John Lewis and M&S to travel sites like Trainline, Booking.com and Tui, and eventakeaway and grocery retailers like Just Eat, Dominos, Uber Eats, Iceland and Waitrose.
Free funds when supporters shop online
easyfundraising enables your club to benefit from vital funds when supporters shop online.
- If you are not sure if you are eligible, click here to check the cause categories. Private companies are eligible if doing good for the community.
When they use the easyfundraising website or app to shop online, the retailer they buy from sends your club a free donation based on how much they've spent, at no cost to either the shopper or your club.
Getting started in 3 steps
- Sign-up: register your club with easyfundraising for free
- Shop: ask your supporters to use easyfundraising every time they shop online.
- Raise: whenever they buy something, the retailer sends your club a free donation
Launch Academy of Dance in Rutland have raised over £340 so far through using Easyfundraising.
Here's a picture of some of their youngest (and cutest!) students in show costumes purchased with easyfundraising funds.
"We heard about Easyfundraising through Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport and the money we have raised has helped towards equipment and costumes for our Academy"
How does easyfundraising work?
It's really simple:
- Join. Register your club/group and send your supporters your unique easyfundraising website link for them to sign-up and support you!
- Shop. When your supporters shop online, they either need to be logged in to their Easyfundraising account, use the app or have the Donation Reminder plug-in on their internet browser, so they never miss a possible donation when shopping around.
- Collect. When they buy something online, the retailer sends your club/group a free donation at no extra cost!
Once you've registered your club/group as a good cause with easyfundraising you'll receive free cashback donations when anyone connected to the activity provider shops online with 4,300 retailers including Argos, Amazon, Just eat and Booking.com.
It doesn't cost the shopper a penny more so it's an easy way for your community to support your club/group just by shopping online as they usually would.
Just think how much everyone connected to your club – players, staff, coaches, family and friends – spend online every week. Each purchase can mean a free donation for your club!
Thousands of community sports clubs like yours are already using easyfundraising to help fund running costs, equipment, trips, kit, coaching qualifications & more.
To join them, simply register your club as a good cause with easyfundraising - it's completely free to register and use and only takes two minutes to get started.
Already using easyfundraising?
There are 3 easy things you can do right now to make sure your club raises as much as possible in 2021:
- SPREAD THE WORD - easyfundraising is a very simple way to raise money but you won't raise much if supporters don't know about it! Use the free tools easyfundraising provide to let them know, including ready-written social posts and emails, downloadable flyers & posters, website banners, hand-out cards and even a powerpoint presentation to explain how it works.
- GET THE DONATION REMINDER – the Donation Reminder makes sure supporters never miss a donation by alerting them when they visit a retailer that will donate . It's safe and completely free and shoppers who have it installed on their computer raise up to 5 times more.
easyfundraising provides wording to help you explain how it works and ask supporters to download it. Get your wording here (and don't forget to download the Donation Reminder yourself!)
- THANK AND ENCOURAGE – thanking supporters for the donations they raise will encourage them to keep on using easyfundraising because they can see it works!
Use the new 'Supporter Communications' section of the easyfundraising website to set up automated messages to thank supporters when they sign up, raise a donation or raise their first £5. You can also send a message to supporters who have stopped raising for you to ask them to keep going.
If you have any questions about easyfundraising or need some assistance, get in touch with Ben Harper (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be happy to help.