- Charnwood College
- Contact Name
- Teresa Dalby
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 (18:30 - 21:30)
- Organised By
- Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- Bookit, Clubs, Coaching, Events, Featured
This is an exciting chance for you to reconsider the emphasis of your coaching and enhance the experience of your young participants.
The new chapters will be delivered in a practical way to provide you with all the innovative techniques and cutting-edge information you need to become a more effective coach.
To help you understand how your coaching fits into a much wider agenda than sport, you will:
- learn a mix of traditional and contemporary models of coaching based on the development of participants' technical, tactical, physical, mental and social competencies
- take a detailed look at the 'C' system of coaching to equip you with new tools to improve your soft and personal skills.
- be introduced to the principles of Teaching Games for Understanding (TGfU), cognitive considerations for coaching 5-12 year olds and understanding the importance of child physiology.
- learn fun and innovative practical techniques for keeping children engaged to blend with the pioneering academic theory.
Cost: £35 per person.