Workplace World Cup!
Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland-based workplaces have the opportunity to showcase their skill and sportsmanship as they take part in a multitude of sports at the Workplace World Cup!
- Brockington College, Blaby Road, Enderby, Leicestershire, LE19 4AQ
- Bryany Cornish / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01509 564874
Workplace World Cup!
2019 is the year of World Cups! England Netball take on the world in Liverpool, England Rugby travel to Japan in September, Women's Football will descend on France for the eighth FIFA Women's World Cup, and England & Wales will host the Cricket World Cup for the fifth time in May.
And now ... Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland based workplaces will have the opportunity to join the World's stage and showcase their skill and sportsmanship as they take part in a multitude of sports at the Workplace World Cup.
All activities are ZERO experience necessary and as a team you rotate around each activity as well as visit the Challenge and Health Zones. Activities will be led by fully qualified coaches. A team has to be a minimum of 8 players, maximum of 10, with one member of each gender on a team.
- Sport Zone - team sport fixtures including Rounders, Volleyball and Handball.
- Challenge Zone - battle it out for individual awards that will contribute to your overall team score in a variety of quick fire challenges including Table Tennis, Cricket and Netball.
- Health Zone - interactive activities designed to support you to lead a healthy lifestyle, particularly at work.
- Ticket includes free t-shirt, water, team flag, and hot food voucher.
- You will be assigned the team name of a country participating in one of the four World Cups listed above. Extra points will be awarded for appropriate team fancy dress!
The Workplace World Cup is open to businesses/workplaces of any size and type in Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland. It is a great opportunity to socialise with your colleagues outside of work, try new sports and have the chance to lift the Workplace World Cup!
We will do our best to give you your preferred size of t-shirt. You will be asked what t-shirt sizes you require upon booking. The t-shirts are unisex sizes of:
- Small (35-37")
- Medium (38-40")
- Large (41-43")
- XL (44-46")
- 2XL (47-49")
Please note that if you enter your team before midnight on Friday, 10th May 2019 (Early Bird Sale), you will be guaranteed your chosen sizes (it's when we need to place the t-shirt order by!). After this date we will do our best to accommodate your chosen sizes.
Cost & How to Book
Advance booking is required; please enter the number of individual team members in your team by using the drop down below. During the booking process we will require details of the lead booker and all team members. You will be asked to provide the details of each person attending, including full name, dietary requirements and preferred t-shirt size.
A team has to be a minimum of 8 players, maximum of 10, with one member of each gender on a team. Each workplace can enter up to two teams on a first come, first served basis.
Early Bird Sale (book before midnight on Friday, 10th May 2019):
- £10 per person / £80-£100 per team
General Sale (bookings after midnight on Friday, 10th May 2019):
- £12 per person / £96-£120 per team
Your team will be allocated a country on completion of your booking. Confirmation emails will be sent out no later than 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Organised by Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS)
- Accessible venue and activities
- Limited places available - book early to avoid disappointment
- Please note bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received
- You can pay securely online, or choose to pay offline with a cheque at least 2 weeks prior to the event to secure your places. Cancellations must be made at least 1 week prior to the event or you will still be charged.