The Mick George Sports Fund (in partnership with Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport)
Summary: The Mick George Sports fund, run in association with Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, is open to local sports clubs and organisations that meet the necessary qualifying criteria of supporting the delivery of sport and physical activity.
- Contact Name
- Annette Kendrick
- 01509 564858
- Amount Available
- £500 to £1,500
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Equipment, Facility Development
- Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- Round Deadline
- 12:00am - Tue 19th November, 2019
About The Mick George Sports Fund (in partnership with Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport)
Grants between £500 and £1500 are available for small scale capital projects and equipment. The total project value must be less than £5000
Examples may include:
- General improvements to sports facilities
- Training / practice equipment (site based)
- Football / rugby goal posts
- Changing room improvements
- Cricket nets / screens
- Outdoor gym equipment
- Drainage and field improvements
- Rollers / mowers / lining machines
Match funding is not required for projects with a total cost that is £1.5K or less. If your total project cost is between £1.5K and the upper limit of £5K match funding is required and must be secured before you apply.
Projects must be located within the Leicester-shire and Rutland area and you must also be located in the funding area of the wider Mick George Community Fund. Some areas in North West Leicestershire, Hinckley & Bosworth and Charnwood are excluded. If your application is located within one of the red shaded areas within the main boundary, unfortunately you do not qualify as your project is not located within 10 miles of a licensed landfill site.
- CLICK HERE to view which areas are eligible.
To view whether you are eligible to apply for funding, please view the Mick George Funding Criteria which can be found as a supporting document at the bottom of this page.
- Submit an online Expression of Interest - at least two weeks before the Round closing dates (see below).
- You will be informed if you are eligible / ineligible - if eligible you will be emailed the Full Application Form to complete.
- You will be required to submit a Full Application Form by the Round closing dates (see below).
- Round 1: 1st April - 25th June 2019
- Round 2: 26th June - 17th September 2019
- Round 3: 18th September - 19th November 2019
If you are interested in submitting an application please complete the online Expression of Interest Form here.
mick-george-sports-fund-criteria.pdf (PDF, 162.4 Kb)
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.