Choose how you move in Leicester & Leicestershire
Summary: Our Business Engagement Programme will help you to develop and incorporate active and sustainable travel as part of your workplace culture. Funded by the Department for Transport, grants of up to £5000 are available to help boost the levels of active and sustainable travel amongst your staff. They are match funded and designed to help you overcome barriers to active travel, for instance by funding cycle parking, lockers or showers.
- Amount Available
- up to £5,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Environmental Improvements
- 9:00am - Fri 30th October, 2020
About Choose how you move in Leicester & Leicestershire
Research shows that your staff could be healthier, happier and more productive if they can travel to work actively andsustainability.
Given the right support and opportunity many staff would change how they travel to work. Why not take advantage of our free service to see how we can help you? It's good for business, what have you got to lose?
Support for businesses is available including; Grants for smarter travel.
Support employees to access their place of work in line with Government Covid Guidance and reduce pressure on the public transport system and road network:
- Financial savings for your organisation (e.g. reduced vehicle mileage expenses)
- Unlock new travel options for your staff/visitors – more get to work on time / with less hassle
- A healthier, more productive workforce, resulting in fewer sick days
- Reduces congestion in your car park/on nearby streets
- Helps meet your corporate social responsibility and supports carbon management strategies
Bids of up to £5000 are invited from any organisation based in Leicestershire, City organisations can apply to the Leicester City Council Walking and Cycling team.
Applications can be made on behalf of:
- Any business or organisation, including charities, not for profit and public sector agencies, based or operating in Leicestershire
- A specific workplace or section within such businesses or other organisation
- Commercial or public service premises (not private residence) currently attracting visitors or customers by car.
Funding can be used towards;
Cycle / motorcycle / scooter parking stands and shelters
Showers / lockers / drying / changing facilities for cyclists, motorcyclists, walkers, runners
Pool bikes (pedal or electric) and accessories (e.g. helmets / lights)
Cycle maintenance equipment (e.g. pump/tool station)
Teleconferencing / mobile ICT solutions (e.g. remote access / tablets / laptops). This list is not definitive. Please discuss any other ideas with us prior to submitting your application.
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.