- Amount Available
- £300 to £10,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
The Sport England Small Grants Programme uses Lottery funding to make awards to not-for-profit organisations to help more young people (aged 14+) and adults take and keep a sporting habit for life.
Criteria / Applicant Eligibility
- Not for profit organisations and statutory bodies, for example; sports clubs, voluntary organisations, local authorities, schools or NGBs
- Constitution stating not for profit and has charitable dissolution clause
- Governing committee to include 3 non related or co-habiting partners
Outcomes / Objectives
- Enhance the sporting experience for current participants (sustain or excel)
- Increasing participant numbers (grow)
- Priority given to increasing the number of adults participating in moderate intensity sports
- Priority to reduce the drop off rates for 16 – 19 year olds, particularly in; Badminton, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Gymnastics, Netball, Rugby League, Rugby Union, and Tennis. Research shows that large numbers of young people stop playing sport at this age.
- Projects must be focussed on sports recognised by Sport England.
- Projects likely to receive funding include; after school club, additional equipment, a new team, multi sport taster sessions, sport in the community and a new club.
- Start date to be at least 10 weeks after submission of application form and documents.
- Projects must be deliverable within 12 months of date of award letter.