LRS Children & Young People Sport and Physical Activity Grant
Summary: Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport (LRS) has created a funding programme that looks to change the behaviour of young people through engaging, retaining and most importantly sustaining their participation in community based sport and/or physical activity.
- Contact Name
- Lucy Baginskis
- 01509 564875
- Amount Available
- up to £5,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Disability Groups
- 11:59pm - Fri 26th August, 2016
About LRS Children & Young People Sport and Physical Activity Grant
This aligns with Sport England's aim of instilling regular participation into inactive young people which they can then sustain throughout life.
Aims of the grants:
The objective of the funding programme is to raise the standards of sport and physical activity provision in Leicestershire and Rutland predominately to increase participation in young people aged 11-25. These standards can be raised by:
- Improving Club Structures via participation – E.G establishing new junior sections by targeting an inactive audience
- Developing School & Club Links via sustainable community led provision (non-curricular activity)– E.G more young people joining community clubs
- Increasing activity and improving health amongst the least active young people in one or more of the following groups - Women and Girls, Black and Minority Ethnic Groups, Areas of Deprivation, Young People not in Education, Employment or Training and Disability Groups.
All projects must be able to demonstrate that they will achieve one or more of the aims above in order to qualify for the grant.
Who will be funded?
- Before you begin your application please use our Sport and Physical Activity Grant checklist to ensure that you and your project are eligible for funding.
- Grants of up to £5,000 are available to support projects which can meet one or more of the objectives of the funding programme. An application form will need to be completed and supporting documents will be required to as part of the application process.
- Clubs, organisations and groups that are formally constituted, not for profit, school or sport development groups or networks, national governing bodies of sport may apply. The fund will not fund an individual, sole trader, partnership or any organisations established to make a profit. We expect that any activity funded through the programme take place within Leicestershire and Rutland boundaries (Leicester City organisations can apply but delivery will need to take place in Leicestershire and Rutland)
- The applying club, group or organisation will need to have a written constitution or governing document which should contain a clear non for profit statement. The club, group or organisations membership should be open to all sections of the community and your governing committee should include at least three non-related and non-cohabitating members.
What will be funded?
Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport will fund:
- Projects that focus on the targeted aims and groups outlined in the objectives of the funding programme.
- Projects that are delivered in Leicestershire & Rutland.
- Projects that are able to start between October 2016 and February 2017.
- Projects that are new or clearly build on existing provision.
- Projects that are value for money.
- Eligible items include, but are not limited to: Coaching costs, venue hire costs, equipment costs (maximum of 20% of total funding request), marketing costs, coach education costs, promotional events and materials.
Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport will not fund:
- Projects that do not focus on targeted aims and groups outlined in the aims of the grants.
- Projects that have already started.
- Projects which run during school curriculum time.
- The general running costs of an organisation; this includes day to day expenses such as rent, utilities and insurance costs.
- Repeat or regular events and existing activities.
- Items which will only benefit an individual (excluding talented athlete and coach education grants)
- Projects that do not demonstrate good value for money. Competitive prices for equipment, materials and other items should be sought.
- Non-critical marketing and communication costs.
- New and used motorised road vehicles.
- Activities that the government/statutory organisations have a legal obligation to fund.
- Contingency costs and VAT that you can recover.
- Sponsorship, endowments or loan repayments.
- Projects that do not comply with statutory regulations, e.g. planning permission.
- Applications will be accepted from 5th August 2016.
- The closing date will be 26th August 2016 at 5pm.
- Feedback will be given by 30th September with projects to start between October 2016 and February 2017.
Please note that applications will need to be submitted by Friday 26th August at 5pm. Leicester City organisations can apply but delivery will need to take place within Leicestershire and Rutland.
Please see the attached Guidance Notes, Checklist and Application Form.
lrs--cyp-sport-and-physical-activity-grant-check-list.docx (Document, 62.3 Kb)
lrs--cyp-application-form.docx (Document, 53.6 Kb)
lrs--cyp-sport-and-physical-activity-guidance-notes.docx (Document, 258.1 Kb)
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.