Leicester Tigers Multi-Sport Development Officer
Reporting to the Community Managers
- To be part of the team which is responsible for the management and implementation of those activities which form an essential part of the Club's Community Development Programme.
- To develop, promote and grow a multi-sport camp and match day coaching programme that complements and enhances the Tigers paid for coaching service offer to individuals and groups.
- To work with the Community Managers to recruit, train and organise a quality multi-sport coaching team to support delivery across all aspect of the multi-sport programme.
- To develop and build an exciting & attractive paid for service offer focussing on multi-sport coaching and physical activity at primary and secondary schools, as well as community based groups / clubs.
- To coach in primary & secondary schools, & various community locations, with the ability to deliver both practical and theory classroom based sessions supporting key themes of designed programmes.
- To assist in organising & administering pre & post-match activities before Tigers linked matches.
- To help plan, develop, deliver & administer various Community & Leicester Tigers Foundation Programmes and activities.
- To help establish a constructive relationship with teachers, pupils & local rugby clubs, and so generate more interest in Tigers, generating leads and opportunities for the group sales team.
- To assist in identifying commercial and sponsorship opportunities for the Multi-Sport programme and other community initiatives.
- To support any other community initiatives with which the Club is associated.
- Coaching to a minimum Level 2 qualification within relevant sports, with experience of working within a multi-sport background, with a desire and willingness to improve and deliver professional excellence in all sessions.
- In possession of or having the ability to achieve a clear and valid RFU linked DBS Enhanced Clearance.
- In possession of a full and valid Driving Licence, with access to own vehicle.
- Hard working and motivated team player, ability to work on ones own initiative.
- Confident, organised and a good communicator.
- Ability to work within, and adhere to, NGB's guidelines and regulations across all sports, demonstrating a sound practical awareness of Child Welfare related industry concerns.
- For details on how to apply, see the document attached.
vacancy-info-multi-sport-development-officer-sept-2017.docx (MS Word, 18.8 Kb)
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.