Swimming Teachers – Swim England Level 2 (CO0543)
Nottingham City Council is looking to recruit qualified swimming instructors (Swim England Level 2 or equivalent) to join their large Nottingham Swim School programme that is delivered from seven City Council pools across the City.
About Swimming Teachers – Swim England Level 2 (CO0543)
The hours on offer vary across the leisure centres. Nottingham Swim School mainly takes place Monday - Friday 4pm-7pm and weekends 8am-2pm. There may also be the opportunity to get involved in other projects with additional hours being available.
Nottingham City Council offers competitive rates of pay starting at £12.29 per hour and rising to £12.80 on the first year anniversary and subject to satisfactory completion of a probation period. Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions Information which includes advice on pay, annual leave and hours of working.
As a swimming instructor you will be responsible for;
* Producing appropriate session plans, schemes of work and ensuring swimming lessons are fun, progressive, inclusive, motivating and meet the level of ability being taught.
* Deliver high quality swimming lessons to a wide range of ages and abilities following the Swim England Learn to Swim framework and awards scheme.
* Carry out regular assessments of the participants against the set class criteria using the iPods provided.
* Supervise assistant swimming instructors that support the beginner swimming lessons.
* Swimming Teachers Qualification (Swim England Level 2 or equivalent)
* National Pool lifeguard qualification or National Rescue Award for Teachers (or willing to gain this in 3 months)
* Experience of organising, leading and promoting sporting activities
* Knowledge of the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework and awards scheme.
Please note interviews will be held every 5-6 weeks, shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next available interview date.
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities and as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
Nottingham City Council is open to conversations regarding flexible working options at the point of interview.
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.