Workforce Development Officer
- Salary Range: Grade 10 - £27,387 - £30,762 per annum
- Full Time
- Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- Placed On
- Fri 21st September, 2018
- 12:00am - Wed 10th October, 2018
- Job Reference
- Interview Date
- Tue 23rd October, 2018
Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport (LRS) are seeking to recruit a Workforce Development Officer to lead our approach to developing a skilled and motivated sport and physical activity workforce. This is a work area of growing importance both for the sector and for LRS and the successful candidate will:
- Lead the delivery of our Workforce Development Plan.
- Work with our partners to plan and co-design workforce development programmes.
- Build a more diverse sport and physical activity workforce that supports our communities become more physically active.
- Support our existing paid and unpaid workforce to become more customer focused and embrace the concept of behaviour change.
The role will be to lead the delivery of the above work areas and to ensure that specific projects, programmes and initiatives are delivered on time and on budget. The successful candidate will be encouraged to explore opportunities to work with new partners and organisations to unlock access to different communities and cohorts of people who may be interested in working or volunteering in sport and physical activity.
You will need to be a self-starter, well organised and highly motivated, with the ability to engage people and develop effective working relationships. You will have a degree in sport or a related discipline or appropriate equivalent and transferable career experience.
If you feel you have the right skills and passion for this area of work and would like to join a successful and high performing team, please apply by going to East Midlands Shared Services
job-description-person-spec.pdf (PDF, 207.8 Kb)
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.