- De Montfort University, LE1 9BH
- Contact Name
- Katy Young
- Contact Telephone
- 0116 257 7413
- Contact Email
- Rate of pay £17.30 per hour
- Casual Hours
- Placed On
- Tue 27th November, 2018
- 12:00am - Fri 14th December, 2018
- Sport / Activity
DMUSport are looking to recruit a Swimming Coach to work 10 hours per week, 30 weeks of the year.
The university Swimming Coach will deliver expert tuition to the university's student club, developing the potential of the club and ensuring consistent strong performance.
They will develop working relationship with internal and external partners, to the benefit of the Swimming club and the university as a whole.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsible for providing expert tuition to the university's student club, to ensure consistent strong performance.
• To provide practical day-to-day coaching, as well as devising and implementing long and short-term strategies and development plans.
• Promote sport at DMU, both to current and prospective students, as well as the public.
• Manage other sports-related projects and activity, as required.
• Attend fixtures/matches, as well as training sessions.
• To analyse and report on the club's performance.
• Ensure health and safety policies and best practice are adhered to.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant colleagues, including DSU staff and sports clubs, and staff responsible for university leisure facilities.
• Attend training sessions, meetings and events as required, sometimes outside of core hours.
• Ensure value for money within all projects and activities within the post holder's remit.
• Lead on other projects to meet the objectives of the department.
• Support the work of other members of the Strategic Partnerships and Events Department.
• Perform any other duties commensurate with the job grade as reasonably required from time to time.
• Treat all DMU staff, students, contractors and visitors with dignity and respect. Provide a service that complies with the Equality Act 2010, eliminating unlawful discrimination, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations with particular attention to the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief (or none), sex and sexual orientation.
Skills and experience
• UKCC Level 2 (or equivalent) qualified or working towards UKCC Level 2 (or equivalent) qualification
• Experience of coaching Swimming, at an intermediate level
• Experience of developing athletes and long term athlete development plans
• In-depth understanding of coaching styles and practical delivery
• An understanding of Long Term Athlete Development and structure of student sport (in particular in higher education)
• Ability to manage people and programme and to ensure delivery against objectives
• Ability to work independently on own initiative and as part of a team
• Ability to write reports or assessments etc and contribute to meetings as required.
• Able to work outside of normal core hours
De Montfort University
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received.
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.