Learning Solutions Developer
- SportPark, Loughborough, LE11 3QF
- Contact Name
- Emily Lant
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- £25,304 to £28,304
- Full Time
- Swim England
- Placed On
- Tue 27th November, 2018
- 11:45pm - Thu 13th December, 2018
Learning Solutions Developer
Hours of work: 35 Hours per week (Maternity Cover FTC until Feb 2020)
Work Pattern: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
Reporting to: Head of Learning Services
Salary: £25,304 – £28,304 per annum (dependant on experience)
The Institute of Swimming work in conjunction with Swim England and exist for the good of the sport; developing the best aquatic professionals is our priority.
We are the largest provider of Swim England qualifications and aquatics courses, training over 60 per cent of all swimming teachers in the UK. We have over 35 years' experience and offer flexible, industry leading training, delivered by exceptional tutors. Our courses cover teaching swimming, coaching, aquatic health and fitness, and pool plant.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Learning Solutions Department. Our Learning Solutions Team develop interactive, multi-media, online learning resources to support course delivery. We have a reputation for producing high quality blended learning programmes achieving finalist status in the Learning Technologies Awards, UK Coaching Awards and Active Training Awards.
The Learning Solutions Developer will work with subject matter experts and our in-house graphic designers to develop innovative, educationally sound online experiences for our learners. The successful candidate will join our team on a fixed term basis.
The successful candidate must:
- Have the ability to design online/blended learning programmes which follow an educational syllabus and meet learner needs
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrable knowledge of developing learning resources using e-learning software
- Demonstrable working knowledge of using image editing software to create learning resources, i.e. Adobe Photoshop
- Have an understanding of how to use online learning systems either as a learner or an administrator
- Have an understanding of the use of current practice and issues surrounding the delivery of blended learning programmes and methods for dealing with them
- Have experience in the use of e-portfolio/VLE systems
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working to project plans and meeting deadlines
- Be able to demonstrate experience of communicating with and supporting a wide audience of users
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours including occasional evening and weekend work
- Have a flexible approach to work, resilient and able to work under pressure
- Be willing to visit tutors and learners out in the workplace
- Be motivated to learn and develop when faced with new technology
So if you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work status to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment.
To apply for this role please:
- Click here (https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6S6Y8YG) to complete our Applicant Statement.
- Send your CV and cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role referring to the advert, person specification and job description to email@example.com
This should include any personal interests and unpaid activities. Include as much detail as possible to support your application, we receive hundreds of applications so make yours stand out! (We would recommend at least 300 words.)
Applications received without all elements above will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date: Midnight 13 December 2018
Applications after this time will not be considered
Interview date: 18 or 19 December 2018
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.