Our Instructors deliver adventurous Outdoor Activities to a range of participants of all ages and abilities. This full time seasonal post offers Site specific as well as NGB training. The work load is most during the Summer and will include weekend and evening work.
- Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre, LE4 5PN
- Contact Name
- Chris Murnin
- Contact Telephone
- 0116 2681426
- Contact Email
- £15,470 to £18,000 Salary based on Qualifications
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Mon 3rd December, 2018
- 5:30pm - Mon 14th January, 2019
- Interview Date
- Mon 21st January, 2019
About Activity Instructor
Tucked away on the city boundary LOPC has 15 acres of land where we deliver exciting, inclusive adventurous activities on land, up our multi element High Ropes course, and on our own stretch of the River Soar.
We have 40,000 users per year, aged from 5 years upwards of all abilities and backgrounds. Our users include:
o Schools and Colleges
o Scout, Guide and other youth based organisations
o Holiday Schemes & After School Club
o Families and individuals taking part in our Adventure Club
o Birthday Parties
o Corporate training.
o LOPC also provides a diverse annual coach education programme for land and water activities.
Due to the success of last season we are expanding our Instructor team for 2018. We look for Instructors who complement our enthusiastic, motivated and friendly staff team. Previous experience and qualifications in the outdoors or working with children will be beneficial, though not essential. All new staff will be put on a host of National Governing Body and in-house training courses.
What we are offering with the role:
- In House training and National Governing Body Awards in Outdoor Activities
- Opportunities to develop ongoing group programs
- Quality outdoor uniform and discounts on outdoor kit
- Pay ranges from £15,470 to £18,000 pro rata, dependent on qualifications and experience
- Work place pension scheme
- Professional development workshops
- Further opportunities to take different key roles within the organisation
- Potential for extended contracts over winter
LOPC is a non-residential Centre so we cannot provide accommodation.
No C.V.s accepted. Successful applicants will be subject to 2 references and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
activity-instructor-jd-2017.pdf (PDF, 240.7 Kb)
activity-instructor-ps-2017.pdf (PDF, 246 Kb)
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.