School Games Organiser/School Fund Assistant
- NJC 14 £17,681 fte
- Full Time
- Charnwood College
- Placed On
- Fri 7th December, 2018
- 3:00pm - Thu 13th December, 2018
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
About the role
To implement, support and deliver a successful calendar of School Games, Team Charnwood and Team Leicestershire activities for Primary and Secondary Schools across Charnwood.
The post holder will ensure that competitions locally link to and support an emerging framework of competitive school sport at local, county and district level.
The role will require significant partnership working with a wide range of local agencies involved in running and supporting school sport competitions, health and wellbeing initiatives, events and leadership and volunteering opportunities.
37 hours a week, term time only – initial fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Salary & Benefits
- £17,681 fte
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- Level 2/3 coaching qualification
- Experience of PE, Sport, Physical Activity, Health and/or Community Development
- Successfully managing PE/sport/physical activity/sports projects/initiatives/programmes
- Working in partnership with a range of organisations
- Supporting and mentoring volunteers
- A knowledge of PE, National Curriculum, Sport and Physical Activity (National, regional and local plans/policies); Schools and Colleges (Primary, Secondary and Special); PE, Sport and Physical Activity development processes; the structures and workings of County Sports Partnerships, National Governing Bodies, YST, Sports England, Schools & Colleges
- Proven ability to initiate and develop practices, analyse and use judgement to identify the best solution to a range of different problems and issues
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook
- Has the ability to enthuse, motivate and enable others to achieve results
- Can communicate effectively through the use of a range of written and oral skills
- Is able to influence and negotiate both internally and with external partners at local level
- Is able to provide a range of reports across all levels and is able to Monitor and Evaluate a variety of initiatives and projects
- Has excellent organisational planning and presentation skills
- Has good interpersonal skills, with the capability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including paid professional and volunteers
- Is a strong team player with good interpersonal abilities
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.