Facilities Officer - Trainee
Swim England is the national governing body for swimming in England. We help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water, and compete in our sports of swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming. We are seeking a Facilities Officer to join our team on a permanent basis. We are viewing this as a training opportunity and looking for someone who wants to commit to this career on a long term basis and complete an in depth training programme over a number of years.
- Swim England
About Facilities Officer - Trainee
This is an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for helping to deliver Swim England's strategy through technical facility advice and consultancy. You will learn to influence strategic planning for the development or redevelopment of aquatics facilities ensuring the rationale for the design is strategically sound and underpinned by a sustainable business case. You will also be involved in stimulating the industry to innovate in the design of aquatic facilities, take learning from what has gone before and break new ground in seeking ways to overcome challenges.
The successful candidate must have:
- Knowledge of the development of new build swimming pools and refurbishments of swimming pools and ability to learn more.
- The ability to solve basic operational issues with swimming pool facilities and the ability to learn more.
- Proven facility expertise within a fast paced and/or commercial environment.
- The flexibility to travel nationally
Please see the job description for the full person specification.
To apply for this role please:
- Click here (https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6S6Y8YG) to complete our Application statement.
- Send your CV and cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role referring to the advert, person specification and job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
This should include any personal interests and unpaid activities. Include as much detail as possible to support your application, we receive hundreds of applications so make yours stand out! (We would recommend at least 300 words.)
Applications received without all elements above will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date: Midnight Tuesday 26 March 2019
Applications after this time will not be considered
Interview date: Wednesday 3 April 2019
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.