School Sports Coach (Casual)
We are looking for a School Sports Coach with a passion and interest in working with children to join our team. The post holder will be responsible for delivering high quality extracurricular and/or school-based sports sessions. The successful candidate must have availability to deliver within school hours.
- Casual Hours
- Aston Villa FC
- Placed On
- Fri 12th April, 2019
- 12:00am - Fri 19th April, 2019
About School Sports Coach (Casual)
- Deliver high quality football and multi-sport coaching sessions appropriate to the age and ability of the participants.
- Deliver coaching sessions where agreed on the following programmes:
- Football Holiday Courses – Soccer Schools
- School Football Extra Curricular Activities.
- Skills Centres
- Player Development Centres
- Partner Club Coaching programmes
- School Sport – PE and Multi-Sport Curriculum and Extra-Curricular sessions
- To produce and evaluate session plans for all activities.
- Deliver classroom-based activities, i.e. literacy, numeracy, PSHE and STEM, using sport as an enabler for learning.
- Attending relevant planning meetings and staff training to ensure a joined-up approach to delivery
- Signposting players through the Aston Villa FC agreed Player Pathway
- To carry out all sessional Risk Assessments and communicate to all support staff
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to; including safeguarding, health and safety and equality and diversity
- Support the wider work of the Foundation delivering on other sport and coaching programmes
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which your manager or another senior officer of the Club asks you to perform
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Proven experience in organising, planning and delivering sport coaching sessions to a variety of young people within a school setting
- Qualified to a minimum NGB Level 2 course (or equivalent)
- Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children qualifications
- Commitment to ongoing training for personal and professional development
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate others
- Ability to engage with people from all backgrounds
- Effective time management
- You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and sign up to the online DBS update service.
Aston Villa Football Club celebrates the diversity of its Club and its supporters. As part of this, Aston Villa Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To allow us to monitor this, we ask all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form here. All information provided will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment. The questionnaire will be detached from your application form, stored separately and used only to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
To apply please send your Covering Letter (including your current salary details and notice period), CV and completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlotte Buckell, HR Advisor, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.