Assistant Manager (Sports Services)
Leicester City Council’s Sports Services are the leading provider of sport and fitness facilities within the city with nine sport, leisure and golf facilities, along with a range of parks and opens spaces for formal and informal activity.
- £27,905 to £30,507 per annum. (For weekends and bank holidays, you will be paid time and a third).
- Full Time
- Leicester City Council
- Placed On
- Thu 25th July, 2019
- 12:00am - Wed 21st August, 2019
- Job Reference
About Assistant Manager (Sports Services)
After three years of delivering year on year improvements we now have in place ambitious plans to 'step up the service' to take us to the next level. Exciting plans for capital improvement have been approved and the Service is growing in confidence and ambition to continue the next phase of transformation and improvement.
We are now recruiting to various posts that form part of the new service team that will all play a key role in transforming the Council's approach to Sport, Leisure and Exercise. This is an exciting time to be joining a team of highly motivated and passionate individuals to help deliver our vision.
We are looking for a dynamic Assistant Manager to play a crucial part in Active Leicester's long-term ambition to reduce inactivity and increase participation across the city. You will support the General Manager in the management and performance of a leisure centre and develop a high performing centre team to deliver operational and financial targets.
- Develop and implement measures to improve centre net performance with the support of the General Manager.
- Monitor and form appropriate decisions for budgets, targets and key performance indicators for a given service area including aquatics, sales, health & fitness and centre operations.
- Support the development and implementation of plans to improve the performance of key service areas including aquatics, sales, health & fitness and centre operations.
- Implement and monitor quality systems that improve and modernise service standards across the leisure centre.
- Monitor health & safety to support the General Manager in ensuring that the leisure centre operates in line with industry guidance and Leicester City Council policy and procedures.
- Lead, develop and support a team of approx. 30 staff + temporary resources, and undertaking the full range of associated management activities.
For further information and details on how to apply please click on the link below.
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.