Head of Performance Operations
Swim England is seeking a Head of Performance Operations
- SportPark, Loughborough, LE11 3QF
- Contact Telephone
- Swim England
About Head of Performance Operations
Head of Performance Operations
35 Hours per week (Full time) with some flexibility around work pattern.
SportPark, Loughborough with significant travel to Manchester and national as required.
Fixed term contract until March 2021, with the potential to be made permanent subject to funding.
£41,616 - £49,174 depending upon experience.
Swim England is the national governing body for swimming in England.
We help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water, and compete in our sports of swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming.
Do you have proven experience of improving and implementing systems that create consistency and enhance efficiency? Are you passionate about implementing innovative ways to enhance culture and create a sense of belonging? Do you have strong authentic leadership skills?
We are looking to recruit a Head of Performance Operations to join our Sport Development Team on a fixed term basis. Where possible flexible working will be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity within the Sport Development Directorate, working closely with our England Talent Leads to enhance the operational services and quality of provision available to athletes, and other talent pathways stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Sport Development, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the implementation of effective operations across the England talent programmes, improving systems and using technology to make them efficient, effective and user-friendly, establishing a consistent operational service across the disciplines where possible.
- Ensuring effective control, management and monitoring of all talent budgets, delivering a high level of return on investment.
- Continuing to develop an effective, inclusive high performance culture across our talent pathways.
- Leading major programmes and supporting the effective delivery of discipline specific talent activity.
- Leading, managing and motivating direct reports to ensure they have the best opportunity to provide a professional and effective service to the organisation, stakeholders and athletes.
- You will have demonstrable experience in developing and implementing approaches that deliver an effective high performance inclusive culture for sports talent programmes.
- You will have a keen eye for detail in managing plans, budgets and developing high quality funding bids.
- You will be able to influence stakeholders at multiple levels.
- You will have experience in implementing effective operations, using technology to improve systems to enhance efficiency and consistency.
Find out more about at it's like to work with us and the Swim England family: https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/working-at-swim-england/
So if you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work status to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment.
To apply for this role please:
- Click here (https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6S6Y8YG) to complete our Application statement.
- Send your CV and cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role referring to the advert, person specification and job description to email@example.com
This should include any personal interests and unpaid activities. Include as much detail as possible to support your application, we receive hundreds of applications so make yours stand out! (We would recommend at least 300 words.)
Applications received without all elements above will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date: 09 January 2020
Applications after this time will not be considered
Interview date: 13 January 2020