Skilled Sports Turf & Grounds Operative
About Skilled Sports Turf & Grounds Operative
Working under the guidance of the Pitch Manager, the ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on team ethics and high standards.
- Tasks to include but not limited to: pedestrian and ride-on mowing, line marking, divoting and all aspects of pitch repair and preparation as well as the surrounding areas.
- Liaising with the Pitch Manager and the rest of the team on a daily basis.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the industry.
- Cleaning and maintenance of machinery, hand tools and our areas.
- Horticultural work if required.
- Match days at both the training ground and stadium when required.
- The employee must at all times carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and policies and procedures, in particular health and safety, equality and diversity, confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
- Work to be carried out over all of the Club's sites.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of two years in a similar role.
- NVQ level 2 in sports turf and or aspiring to work towards level 3.
- Experience in professional sports is desirable.
- Good communication skills and a good ability to carry out instructions.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and outlook at all times.
- The ability to work as part of a team but also on your own with good initiative.
- Strong time management and excellent time keeping.
- Honesty, integrity and reliability.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Good IT skills.
- Take ownership of the workplace.
- To adhere and communicate the Club's brand values to stakeholders whenever the opportunity arises.
- A commitment to continuing professional development
For further information and details on how to apply please click on the link below.