Assistant Lead Phase Scout U9-11
To assist the Lead Phase Scout U9-11 and help coordinate the Academy Scouting operation and gain market intelligence for Manchester United Football Club in the North West region. To work closely with the Lead Phase Scout U9-11 and offer support to the other Lead Phase Scouts within the club. Contribute to the management of the club’s local casual scouting network.
- Contact Name
- Kirsty Wilson
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Thu 14th January, 2021
- 12:00am - Fri 29th January, 2021
- Sport / Activity
About Assistant Lead Phase Scout U9-11
- Primary responsibility is to oversee the grassroots scouting process in the North West region and work with our casual scouts to identify, track, recommend and support the recruitment of grassroots players of potential interest to Manchester United Academy in the North West region.
- Scout and recruit players with the potential to progress and develop within the Manchester United Academy.
- Gain and develop an in-depth understanding of the local market within the North West region to support our market intelligence and decision-making.
- Work closely with the Head of Academy Scouting, Assistant Head of Academy Scouting and other Lead Phase Scouts.
- Manage all information and content delivery to the Head of Academy Scouting including recruitment briefs, succession planning, target lists, squad reviews and other generic football presentations when required.
- To lead, coordinate and cross-check the coverage and reports of the casual scouts within the North West region, to ensure best possible coverage of all relevant age groups, league tiers and competitions.
- Co-ordinate weekly fixtures with the Lead Phase Scout U9-11, Lead Phase Scout U6-8, Lead Phase Scout U12-14 and Academy Scouting Coordinator to provide clarity in the accreditation request process.
- Liaise with other Lead Phase Scouts to share information on players that are cross-market.
- Compile and maintain 'Target Lists', 'Monitor Lists' and 'Market Depth Lists' for Academy players of potential for Manchester United in the North West region.
- Provide written performance reports from live and video based scouting (where available) on relevant players.
- Support the Academy Scouting department with any player/family visits for players from the North West region.
- Develop a thorough knowledge and opinion of players within the Manchester United Academy system from U9 to U11 and work closely with key staff to understand current squad performance levels and phase specific scouting needs.
- Attend weekly and monthly player acquisition and target player meetings with the Academy Recruitment and Academy Management Team to discuss players of interest, positional requirements of the Academy at each relevant age group and the profile of players required.
- Performance and process management of casual scouts in the North West region and contribute towards their development.
- Have a working knowledge of the Premier League/Football League rules i.e. regulations relating to player transfers and squad composition and EPPP guidelines relating to player compensation and migration.
- Promote a positive market identity for Manchester United with local communities, representatives, clubs, federations, families and all key contacts.
- Work closely with the Head of Academy Scouting and Assistant Head of Academy Scouting to ensure the department meets their budget requirements with efficient planning and considered personal expenditure.
- Support the player trial and induction process.
- Arrange scouting activities such as tournaments, trial days and games as required and also link in with Emerging Talent Centre staff regarding club links, community links and teams to play.
- Identify and recommend teams of interest to play fixtures against the Manchester United Emerging Talent Squads to enhance the games programme and allow close assessment of players of interest.
- Compliance with the Manchester United Academy Scouting Internal Code of Conduct.
- Compliance with all Manchester United policies.
- Compliance with all Manchester United health and safety procedures.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
- To maintain professional conduct at all times.
- To respect the confidentiality of sensitive information, both during and after your employment.
- To safeguard the Manchester United image and reputation at all times.
- Head of Academy Scouting
- Assistant Head of Academy Scouting
- Academy Scouting Coordinator
- Lead Phase Scouts
- Academy Recruitment Analyst
- Academy Scouting Administration Assistant
- All Academy Scouting staff that are based in the North West region
- All other relevant Academy Scouting and Academy staff
Key Skills and Experience
- Prior experience of working within the Scouting department of a Professional Football Club's Academy and have a proven track record in recruitment of Academy players.
- Knowledge of elite player development.
- Ability to write and prepare detailed scouting reports.
- Ability to lead and develop a team.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships and networks.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Competent IT and presentation skills.
- Highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic and a proactive attitude.
- In-depth knowledge of English football in the North West region at all levels.
MUFC Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our work place.
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to you before applying for any of our roles.