Annual Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport Conference
'Delivering An Active Nation'
Thursday 2nd November 2017
12.00 noon - 4.30pm
University of Leicester, Stamford Court, Manor Road, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2LH
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport would like to formally invite you to attend our Annual Conference. The venue for this year's event is the University of Leicester, Stamford Court, Manor Road, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2LH, which will be held on Thursday, 2nd November 2017, 12.00 noon – 4.30 pm.
The conference theme will be about 'Delivering an Active Nation' across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland' and will see Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport launch their Physical Activity & Sport Strategy 2017-21. The conference will explore key priorities that require multiple and cross partner working to enable us to strive towards achieving the vision of Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland being the most physical active and sporting place in England.
The conference will also explore the local contribution that can be made towards the Governments five outcomes linked to sport and physical activity; physical well-being, mental well-being, individual development, social and community development and economic development.
The programme will give us the opportunity to hear from a range of speakers from national and local partners and will examine how the policy landscape impacts on local cross cutting agendas.
The Conference is part of the Leicester Business Festival. Click on the logo for more information.
We have secured some high profile expert and knowledgeable speakers, who will challenge our audience with their current thinking and their ideas for the future. Our keynote presenter is:
Dr Zoe Williams, who currently practises as an NHS General Practitioner in London. Her interests include sports medicine and improving health through lifestyle measures. Zoe works with Public Health England as a clinical champion for physical activity and is the founder of Fit4Life, an organisation that delivers workshops to children to inspire, educate and motivate them to lead healthier lives.
Dr Zoe Williams will talk about the importance of having a physically active nation and the need to work in partnership to support a population level growth in participation in physical activity and sport through using behaviour change practice and theory. Learn how we need to help people to develop and sustain healthier behaviours to decline the level of inactivity within our population.
Attached for your information is a copy of the event programme. Please note that during the conference there will be a number of informal opportunities to network with colleagues.
Workshop 1 - Ambition Areas
During the event, participants will be able to choose to attend one 90 minute 'Ambition Workshop' and one 60 minute 'Foundation Workshop'.
There are 30 places available on each Ambition & Foundation workshop which will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. If your workshop choice is fully subscribed you will be contacted separately to select an alternative choice.
(1) Get Active: Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland's whole school approach to physical education, school sport, physical activity and health & well-being. WORKSHOP NOW FULL.
(2) Stay Active: Understanding the family nucleus (their behaviours, values & influences) to support them to have resilient habits towards physical activity and sport. WORKSHOP NOW FULL.
(3) Active Places: Maximising the use of existing spaces through effective programming & meeting customer need. WORKSHOP NOW FULL
(4) Active Economy: How an active & healthy workplace can help your economy grow?
Workshop 2 - Foundation Areas
(1) Well Led: Engaging with new partners to extend our reach into new communities whilst identifying areas of mutual benefit. WORKSHOP NOW FULL.
(2) Insight Driven: Understanding our communities, using insight to inform our decision making and shape our delivery. WORKSHOP NOW FULL.
(3) Skilled & Representative Workforce: Explore how locally we can ensure that our physical activity and sport workforce is fit for purpose and representative of our local communities
(4) Marketing & Communications: Creating an effective social media marketing campaign to reach new customers
Confirming your attendance
Please complete the booking form below advising of your attendance/non attendance at our Conference by Friday 20th October 2017.
Please note that we have structured this programme to allow you to attend part of the event – so even if you cannot attend the whole event please don't let this stop you from booking on.
This is a Free event but please note a charge of £50 will be incurred for non-attendance or failure to cancel a place 48 hours prior to the conference.