Posted: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 09:00
Please see the link below for the Women's Sport Trust which is a new grant giving body dedicated to raising the profile and changing the perception of women's sport in the UK.
The Women's Sport Trust (WST) will be the only grant provider focused solely on female sport and is backed by a diverse range of elite female athletes along with representatives from business and the media.
Individuals and organisations can apply for grants between £500 - £5000 and can support the areas below:
- Kit for a women's sports club
- Training to become a sports coach
- Childcare provision
- Racing wheelchair
- Sports research grant
- Venue hire for a women's powerlifting competition
- Sports journalism course
- Strength & conditioning coaching
- Travel expenses to get to training or competition
- Physio fund for an elite level athlete who has lost sponsorship
- Tennis or squash court resurfacing