Posted: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 09:00
In partnership with Local Authorities, we are hosting our third annual 'This Girl Can' Week from 5th-11th June 2017.
This special campaign week is designed to inspire local ladies to increase their activity levels and get moving.
The week offers women and girls of all ages and activity levels some amazing opportunities to try new activities and sports, increase their confidence and self-esteem and enjoy more time with new and existing friends.
There are over 220 sessions available including Zumba, Health Walks, Clubbercise and female only swims. There is also Charity Night Out in Charnwood, 6-week gym and swim membership offer in Leicester City and a This Girl Can Event in Oadby & Wigston.
- Blaby are hosting 23 sessions including Futsal, Boxercise and Health Walks.
- Charnwood are hosting 61 sessions including Aqua Zumba, Squash and Konga and a Charity Night Out on Friday 9th June.
- Harborough are hosting 21 sessions including Obstacle Course Racing practice, Back to Hockey and Kickboxing.
- Hinckley & Bosworth are hosting 22 sessions including Beginners Boxing, Walking Netball and Clubbercise.
- Leicester City are providing a 6-week Gym and Swim Membership offer.
- Melton are hosting 24 sessions including Wildcats Football, Tennis and Introduction to Angling.
- North West Leicestershire are hosting 25 sessions including Yoga, PiYo and Spinergy.
- Oadby & Wigston are hosting 13 sessions including Swimming, Back to Netball and Zumba and a This Girl Can Event on Sunday 11th June.
- Rutland are hosting 34 sessions including Get Into Golf, Kettlercise and Touch Rugby.
The ladies taking part also have the chance to win a LRS This Girl Can t-shirt! They simply have to post a selfie of themselves at one of the This Girl Can Week sessions to LRS's This Girl Can Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram accounts using the hashtag #ThisGirlCan.
This Girl Can is a celebration of active women who are doing their thing no matter how they do it, how they look or even how sweaty they get, and this special campaign week is designed to inspire local ladies to increase their activity levels.
For more information and to view the full list of scheduled activities taking place in your area, visit the website.
Join the #ThisGirlCan campaign on social media: