Posted: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 14:07
It is clear that Leicestershire has an abundance of Unsung Heroes…..
- 2016: John Tilley, Hinckley Rugby Club – East Midlands Finalist
- 2015: 3 Leicestershire volunteers were the 3 East Midlands finalists
- 2015: Pete Harris won regional East Midlands BBC Unsung Hero 2015
- 2014: Jill Stidever wins the BBC Get Inspired Unsung Hero Award
- 2013: Colin Magee won regional East Midlands BBC Unsung Hero 2013
- 2012: Sue & Jim Houghton win the BBC Unsung Hero Award
The BBC Get Inspired Unsung Hero award is expanding its search to recognise those who devote their free time to help people in grass-roots activity and sports. We want to continue the tradition of unsung heroes as the award reaches it 15th annual year, recognising inspiring grassroot volunteers who help others in sports and fitness activities.
So those of you who knows volunteers from a:
- Volunteer fitness instructor who offer classes in your community
- A person who spends their free time running the social media accounts for your dance club; and
- Steward who turns up every week to cheer on the runners in your weekly 5km run.
Reward their efforts and nominate them! Nominate Now
Deadline: 23:59 BST on Sunday, 22 October 2017.
(This year the age-range limits have changed so you can now nominate volunteers aged from 16 upwards).
Source: (BBC, 2017)