Posted: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:00
Since we've been awarded the Level 5/6 Professional Learning Centre of the Year from the Association for Physical Education (AfPE) and Sports Leaders UK last year, schools can once again apply onto the Primary Leadership Course to improve the overall delivery of the Physical Education curriculum.
The Level 5 Certificate in Primary School Physical Education Specialism Course is a nationally recognised qualification aims to upskill primary school teachers, future teachers and school support staff to improve the overall delivery of the Physical Education curriculum.
The aim of the qualification is to up-skill primary colleagues to be able to assist the delivery of high quality primary school PE. The course will address the top 3 concerns:
- Subject knowledge
- Health and safety
- Subject leadership
On successful completion of the qualification, delegates will be able to assist in raising the standards within primary school physical education teaching.
- We have delivered the Level 5 Certificate since 2015
- We have successfully taken 3 cohorts of delegates through the course with over 45 individuals gaining the qualification.
- We have taken a group of Level 5 Graduates through to the Level 6 Award in Primary School Physical Education Subject Leadership
- Our tutors have been outstanding, Nicky Collett and Suzanne Flint have provided a positive learning environment. Through the Course Centre Manager, Geoff Maltby here at Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, we have continued to provide a quality professional learning opportunity across Leicester-Shire & Rutland.
The Course Dates start in September:
- Friday 28th September 2018
- Friday 23rd November 2018
- Friday 25th January 2019
- Friday 22nd March 2019
- Friday 7th June 2019
Find out how you can apply now in 'more information'.