Posted: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 13:15
Holmsdale Manor, which has offered Forest School for over a decade, is now the first nursery in the UK to achieve the top level Forest School Quality Mark!
The Levels are;
- Development Centre
- Centre of Excellence
- Leadership Centre
Holmsdale has managed to achieve the standards required through ongoing commitment to Forest School and children's physical and emotional development by supporting numerous staff to train to Level 2 and 3, as well as their own qualified Forest School trainer.
Other recent achievements by the setting and our staff include:
- 3 consecutive Outstanding Ofsted inspections
- LRS award for the most active setting 2017
- Healthy Tots accreditation
- Outstanding Contribution award at the Nursery World Awards 2017
- Shortlisted for 2 Nursery World Awards in 2018, awaiting results in the Nursery Food and Trainer of the Year categories
Setting Manager, Jenny Briggs, says "This is a fantastic achievement and we are very proud of our Forest School trainer, Kate, who works hard to run regular training courses for our staff and for staff from many early years settings and schools, both locally and further afield, even including Denmark, Switzerland, Germany and Israel. We are also very proud of the hard work of the rest of our staff, who have worked so hard to achieve their qualifications and to develop our Forest School sites and provision in our beautiful woodland. We are looking forward to the next decade of Forest School!"