Posted: Thu, 16 May 2019 10:00
Early Years Physical Activity, Health and Wellbeing Conference & Early Years Physical Activity Awards are both run on the same day this year, organised by Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport Saturday 15th June 2019, 9:00am - 2:00pm at the King Power Stadium.
The Conference is an opportunity for Early Years practitioners to come together to learn from experienced professionals around the importance of keeping children active and improving their health and wellbeing.
The day will also include inspiring keynotes from speakers and topics including:
• Diana Lawton, Inspired Children - Self regulation.
• Paula McKee, Leicestershire Nutrition & Dietic Service - Nutrition/ Food Prep Session.
• Tom Chape, Leicestershire County Council, Active Travel
• Ben Kingston Hughes, Inspired Children - Loose parts and in the moment planning.
• Sara Johnson, Connect to Calm
• Katy Harris, Katy Lou's - Outdoor play for Cognitive Development Health & Wellbeing.
Delegates will be able to attend 2 workshops on topics such as Nutrition, Purposeful Physical Play and In the Moment Planning. There will also be a Marketplace to showcase local services and programmes.
Early Years Physical Activity Awards 2018 recognises Early Years settings achievements across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland, in incorporating physical activity, health and wellbeing into their environment, we have opened nominations for three awards:
- Most Active Setting Award
- Early Years Champion Award
- Parental/Carer Engagement Award
This is your chance to nominate Early Years settings and staff who you believe are successfully implementing physical activity, health and wellbeing strategies into their settings.
For more information on how to book onto the conference and how to nominate, please click on the link provided.