Posted: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 09:54
The Committee is seeking views on sport in our communities.
The financial viability of community sports clubs is in doubt, with the future of many at risk even before the pandemic.
The DCMS Committee wants to identify specific actions the Government can take to guarantee the future survival of the community sports sector.
The Committee is looking into sports governance, funding and the case for elite professional sports to support the lower leagues and grassroots.
The Committee invited submissions that addressed the following areas:
- Are current sports governance models fit for purpose?
- At what level of sport should the government consider spending public money?
- What are the biggest risks to the long-term viability of grassroots sport?
- What key measures could the Government introduce to increase the resilience of sports clubs and venues?
- To what extent should elite professional sports support the lower leagues and grassroots?
- How should the Government make this happen?
This inquiry is currently accepting evidence
You can submit evidence until Friday 11 December 2020.
(Source: UK Parliament)