Posted: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 09:30
This FREE, peer-to-peer online training is an opportunity for healthcare professionals to come together and hear from expert physical activity clinical champions, who will support professionals to improve patient care and outcomes through discussing physical activity with their patients.
The training will provide confidence to discuss matters of physical activity with patients, as well as providing the opportunity to:
- Access evidence-based resources proven to increase knowledge and confidence, and support clinical practice in line with guidance (e.g. NICE).
- Improve management and care of patients with 30+ long-term conditions (e.g. CVD, type 2 diabetes, depression, MSK issues, some cancers).
- Help reduce service demand and costs.
An independent evaluation has demonstrated that of the 25,000 healthcare professionals already trained so far, there have been improvements in participant knowledge, confidence, and frequency of patient physical activity conversations.
- 84% agreed the training was useful in their work
- 91% would recommend the training to their colleagues
- 40% of HCPs were having more conversations with their patients about physical activity post-training
To book on to the training session click the link below.
Physical Activity for the Prevention and Management of Long-Term Conditions - Training session:
*Please do be aware that spaces are limited for the session. For more information about this training please see the attached leaflet.