This page includes a number of links to business/financial support available to you, specifically around coping with the impact of the Coronavirus on the cash flow, staffing and long term sustainability of your organisation. Toward the foot of the page you'll also find a link to case studies showing how some organisations are adapting to the pandemic.
To help to manage the support options available we recommend that you work through the four sequential steps:
Check if you can access any of the standard government support - including for staffing costs, business rates, small business grants and sick pay rebate.
Check how your local authority are administering the payment of government grants and providing other useful information to support you during this difficult time.
Access FREE business advice to work through how you can manage the finances of your organisation during this phase. You can also complete a short form to identify your challenges and request business support from experts who are keen to help.
Explore the support and resources available from sports organisations such as Sport England, National Governing Bodies and Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport.
If you are not eligible for the government grants, perhaps the £195 million of funding available for sport and physical activity organisations from Sport England may be able to help. Plus check out the Sport England page Coronavirus tools and support to help you now (for projects and organisations).
Several of sport's National Governing Bodies (NGBs) are also providing support and resources for clubs, organisations and businesses who have been impacted by Coronavirus.
Consider the range of other organisations who may be able to offer support, such as those listed below.
The East Midlands Chamber want to reassure their members that the Chamber is open for business to offer support with whatever is needed at this time of challenge for the East Midlands.
Small and medium enterprises in Leicester or Leicestershire can access a range of digital focussed seminars and workshops - including many tailored specifically to the current climate.
Club Matters is here to help by giving you some tips, tools and ideas to help keep your club functioning and working with your members and customers!
Sport Structures have put a page together to give guidance throughout this period and to support the sector in resuming in a state close to how it was before the lockdown.
You can share your views on how the current situation is affecting you as an employer or as an individual in the sport, leisure, fitness and physical activity sector via CIMSPAs employer and workforce surveys:
Adapting your organisation
Some clubs and organisations are finding ways to adapt to the current, challenging period by changing their delivery method or finding new solutions to keep in touch with their audiences. We've highlighted a few examples here to show how adapting to new ways of working can really help the organisation and those it comes into contact with.
Additional Information which may be helpful
- HMRC have set up a new helpline 0800 0159 559 for businesses and self employed people struggling to pay their tax.
- The temporary Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme supports small and medium-sized businesses with access to loans, overdrafts, invoice finance and asset finance of up to £5 million and for up to six years. Information is available here.
- ACAS has practical HR advice, simple step guide on how to protect health and safety of staff - advice for employers and employees
- Statutory Sick PayChanges are being made so that SMEs can reclaim up to two weeks SSP paid for COVID-19 absence subject to criteria. Those not eligible for sick pay, including low paid or self employed people can claim universal credit or employment and support allowance.
Other Useful Links
Sports sector links:
- Community Leisure UK – coronavirus update for members.
- CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) – advice and support.
- NCVO support the voluntary sector by connecting, representing and supporting voluntary organisations - info here.
- Co-operatives UK promote, develop and unite member owed businesses. There is a list of helpful questions and answers for businesses that employ staff and what their rights are - info here.
- Leicestershire Communities - Covid19 related sources of grants and funding, primarily for voluntary and community sector organisations - info here
As more information becomes available we will add links on here for you.
Please refer to the standard webpages for general information about business support of clubs and funding information.